XPMSE breaking character animations

SteadyNeuros

I'm a beginner in the world of mods, so it's been a messy struggle for me to get this far, but I finally got the Bodyslide mod and CBBE mod to work. The last mod I wanted, however, was some sort of physics mod that would add realistic (or at least semi-realistic) physics to NPC bodies.
I installed the XPMSE mod via Mod Organizer, installed the FNIS mod that's apparently necessary for it, but when I played the game, I found that all the NPCs were frozen in a T-pose. My own character's animations were broken as well.
Anyone have any idea what might be causing this glitch? It seems to have something to do with the physics mod, but I feel like it could be any number of things. The linked screenshot shows everything I'm working with. Kind of looks like a mess to me.

Did you remember to update FNIS behavior? Every time you install an animation mod, you have to do this, or it will cause said T-pose issue without fail. It would help to know what mod manager you're using as well.

How do I do that? I'm using Mod Organizer v2.4.4

I've never used MO before, sorry; I just stick to NMM community edition because it's easy to navigate. This YT tutorial should answer all of your questions: