[LE] Return Script for DP masks?

wilwhitt56

Copied the setup for a DP mask for use in my house. The problem is that it doesn't seem to have a return item script in the set up, as when I click for it to remove it from the bust the mask vanishes rather than go back into my inventory. What script can I put into this to make it return it to my inventory?

Would be helpful to know what scripts you have and what they are assigned to. Otherwise we'd just be throwing out guesses cause we don't know if the mask being displayed is the actual mask or a static replica that gets enabled / disabled as needed.

oh, right sorry

{Handling Script for Mask Busts}

armor property myMask auto
{Which mask am I made for?}
int property myIndex auto
{Need indices to track the various masks}
MusicType property FinalMaskRevealMusic auto
message property defaultLackTheItemMSG auto
dunLabyrinthianUltraMaskBustSCRIPT property master auto
bool placed = FALSE
EVENT onActivate(objectReference actronaut)
if placed == FALSE
if actronaut.getItemCount(myMask) >= 1
blockActivation()
actronaut.removeItem(myMask, 1)
placed = TRUE
getLinkedRef().playAnimationandWait("on","TransOn")
updateMaster()
blockActivation(FALSE)
else
defaultLackTheItemMSG.show()
endif
elseif placed == TRUE
blockActivation()
actronaut.addItem(myMask, 1)
placed = FALSE
getLinkedRef().playAnimationAndWait("off","TransOff")
updateMaster()
blockActivation(FALSE)
endif
endEVENT
FUNCTION updateMaster()
; empty is false so I must have just placed a mask
if myIndex == 01
master.Mask01placed = placed
elseif myIndex == 02
master.Mask02placed = placed
elseif myIndex == 03
master.Mask03placed = placed
elseif myIndex == 04
master.Mask04placed = placed
elseif myIndex == 05
master.Mask05placed = placed
elseif myIndex == 06
master.Mask06placed = placed
elseif myIndex == 07
master.Mask07placed = placed
elseif myIndex == 08
master.Mask08placed = placed
endif
; check to see if that completes the collection
if master.mask01placed == TRUE && master.mask02placed == TRUE && master.mask03placed == TRUE && master.mask04placed == TRUE && master.mask05placed == TRUE && master.mask06placed == TRUE && master.mask07placed == TRUE && master.mask08placed == TRUE
if master.hasBeenUnlocked == FALSE
master.hasBeenUnlocked = TRUE
objectReference masterBust = master.myBustActivator
masterBust.playAnimation("on")
master.placed = TRUE
master.getLinkedRef().playAnimation("open")
FinalMaskRevealMusic.add()
endif
endif
endFUNCTION

Would be helpful to know what scripts you have and what they are assigned to. Otherwise we'd just be throwing out guesses cause we don't know if the mask being displayed is the actual mask or a static replica that gets enabled / disabled as needed.

oh, right sorry

{Handling Script for Mask Busts}

armor property myMask auto
{Which mask am I made for?}
int property myIndex auto
{Need indices to track the various masks}
MusicType property FinalMaskRevealMusic auto
message property defaultLackTheItemMSG auto
dunLabyrinthianUltraMaskBustSCRIPT property master auto
bool placed = FALSE
EVENT onActivate(objectReference actronaut)
if placed == FALSE
if actronaut.getItemCount(myMask) >= 1
blockActivation()
actronaut.removeItem(myMask, 1)
placed = TRUE
getLinkedRef().playAnimationandWait("on","TransOn")
updateMaster()
blockActivation(FALSE)
else
defaultLackTheItemMSG.show()
endif
elseif placed == TRUE
blockActivation()
actronaut.addItem(myMask, 1)
placed = FALSE
getLinkedRef().playAnimationAndWait("off","TransOff")
updateMaster()
blockActivation(FALSE)
endif
endEVENT
FUNCTION updateMaster()
; empty is false so I must have just placed a mask
if myIndex == 01
master.Mask01placed = placed
elseif myIndex == 02
master.Mask02placed = placed
elseif myIndex == 03
master.Mask03placed = placed
elseif myIndex == 04
master.Mask04placed = placed
elseif myIndex == 05
master.Mask05placed = placed
elseif myIndex == 06
master.Mask06placed = placed
elseif myIndex == 07
master.Mask07placed = placed
elseif myIndex == 08
master.Mask08placed = placed
endif
; check to see if that completes the collection
if master.mask01placed == TRUE && master.mask02placed == TRUE && master.mask03placed == TRUE && master.mask04placed == TRUE && master.mask05placed == TRUE && master.mask06placed == TRUE && master.mask07placed == TRUE && master.mask08placed == TRUE
if master.hasBeenUnlocked == FALSE
master.hasBeenUnlocked = TRUE
objectReference masterBust = master.myBustActivator
masterBust.playAnimation("on")
master.placed = TRUE
master.getLinkedRef().playAnimation("open")
FinalMaskRevealMusic.add()
endif
endif
endFUNCTION

I looked over it, and there doesn't seem to be a return script for it, like a script that puts the mask back in your inventory once you remove it.

Is this the script from the actual in-game mask stand(s) near the labyrinth? If yes, do not use it. It is tailored for that specific location. You will be better off writing your own script to do exactly what you want.

I recommend taking a look at this display resource as it includes all the necessary scripts. You just need to rename all the records that you copy out of the resource plugin. If you intend to edit the scripts for some reason, copy them, rename the copy, link to the appropriate records, assign necessary properties and remove the original script assignments.

And if you are working with SSE / SAE rather than SLE, do not worry as the plugin will still load in the SSE CK and allow you to copy the necessary records. It uses the stock meshes and textures so there will be no need to convert those for SSE / SAE either.

Is this the script from the actual in-game mask stand(s) near the labyrinth? If yes, do not use it. It is tailored for that specific location. You will be better off writing your own script to do exactly what you want.

I recommend taking a look at this display resource as it includes all the necessary scripts. You just need to rename all the records that you copy out of the resource plugin. If you intend to edit the scripts for some reason, copy them, rename the copy, link to the appropriate records, assign necessary properties and remove the original script assignments.

And if you are working with SSE / SAE rather than SLE, do not worry as the plugin will still load in the SSE CK and allow you to copy the necessary records. It uses the stock meshes and textures so there will be no need to convert those for SSE / SAE either.

Im trying to use a script from Darkfox127's Unique display. Seems to be working with other items like elder scrolls and Mora's black books. Having a little issue where it's only showing one mask even though i put in all of them, most likely it's just me.

Im trying to use a script from Darkfox127's Unique display. Seems to be working with other items like elder scrolls and Mora's black books. Having a little issue where it's only showing one mask even though i put in all of them, most likely it's just me.

It's Working!! YUSSSS!! Downside is that you can't pull them off the busts and can only remove them from the container. But hey, It's working!