Body Tints for Kids

adunoeth

Does anyone know why it is possible to tint the body of, say, a genlock, but not the body of the child models?

To be more specific, I know that in the Toolset it is possible to open a dropdown menu to select a body tint mask for some creatures' bodies and then select a body tint to apply with this tint mask. This works for e.g. genlocks, mabari, etc., but as I said, not for kids even though they also have a body determined by their Appearance (and not by clothing in their Inventory). I got as far as figuring out that I need to edit body_tint_masks.gda and body_tints.gda to add tint masks and tints for the Toolset to use, but no matter what I do, while the new tint masks do show up as selectable in the Toolset, the tints don't.

Is there anything preventing the Human, Boy and Human, Girl Appearances from being tinted, and if so, how do I change that?

Ok, so I had an inspired thought last night and I now realize that the reason the child bodies don't tint, is because of the head morphs. No creature using a head morph can also use a body tint, because the skin tint of the head morph already determines the body tint...

I don't suppose anyone has an idea how to get around that?