Spawning... Torchbugs?

DaganEldr

It's pretty self explanitory. I grabbed the ID of one, and then I used the player.placeatme (ID) 1 command, but it entered as a compiled script that could not be saved.

No torchbugs either... So my question is...

Do torchbugs have a serial base ID? I know it works on NPCs, but obviously not so much things that can be used in the alchemical factors of the game.

Reason: It's kind of important. I need to make a scene for my character surrounded by torchbugs.

So does anyone have the base ID instead of the individual ref ID that changes per torchbug? You'd be doing me a huge favor.

And if there isn't a base ID, is there a mod/patch that can have them spawned?

Like I said, it's kind of important that I know. :/ Thank you in advance!

Hello DaganEldr, Try Entering this into your console: Player.placeatme 0004DA73

Hope it helps :D

That spawned the thorax. I need the entire bug, alive and kickin'. :P I wonder if typing resurrect on it will work, however.

Hmmm...

(Thank you for the help though!)

• 1 year later...

I know this is late, but in case you didn't figure it out...

I don't know if the ID will be the same for you, so run a list of items named Torchbug by typing

help torchbug 0

use pgup/pgdn to scroll through the list to find the ACTI ID of torchbug (not ENCH)

use that id with

player.placeatme "id number"

it will place at your feet, so you may want to no clip yourself up the air a bit first

Hope that helps!

• 1 year later...

I know this is late, but in case you didn't figure it out...

I don't know if the ID will be the same for you, so run a list of items named Torchbug by typing

help torchbug 0

use pgup/pgdn to scroll through the list to find the ACTI ID of torchbug (not ENCH)

use that id with

player.placeatme "id number"

it will place at your feet, so you may want to no clip yourself up the air a bit first

Hope that helps!

Thanks, also! I was trying to spawn a torchbug for Wearable Lanterns and couldn't find out how... never knew about pgup/pgdn in that menu either!

• 4 years later...

Thanks for the page guys, i had the same problem,

here 'tis the code and FULL LINE to type in to SPAWN a LIVE torchbug ;

player.placeatme 000c2d3f 1

player.placeatme 000c2d3f # (for however many u want)

if you're still stuck, empty bug lanterns are 27011727

and don't forget to EQUIP the empty bug lantern FIRST,.. before grabbing it ( like getting wings from butterflies - (use))

(just to re-state it, 'use' on a torchbug, with a empty bug lantern (27011727 EQUIPPED (should be in the APPAREL sub-menu, not misc)))