OBMM (new TES version) weird file problem

BlueGunk

Hi

Wonder if you can help with an odd problem. I'm using the new TES OBMM while rebuilding the game on a new machine (and yes, also using Wrye Bash). I'm pretty experienced and used to this, but while adding the Dark Enchantress armour, I've hit a weird problem. The main mod file is in and fine, but the BBB add-on is giving me grief. I was knocking up a quick OMOD for it and this happened about 75% into the OMOD being created:

Error loading 'obmm\mods\HGEC Dark Enchantress BBB support.omod2.zip'

The file 'obmm\mods\HGEC Dark Enchantress BBB support.omod2.zip' already exists.

Followed by this:

An error occurred while creating the omod file.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Of course, the file does not actually exist so why does it think it does? I cannot get past this. I've even reloaded TESOBMM. All I am doing is simply knocking up a quick OMOD to handle two files. I originally had all this working on my old machine, but this error is new to me.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I would be most grateful!

Thanks in advance,

Clive

Doesn't get at why you're having the issue, but have you tried manually exchanging the BBBed meshes for the original meshes before creating your OMOD? Before I manually install mods that have a BBBed addition I always created an 'Installed' folder and copy the extracted original version there. Then it's just a matter of copying the BBBed meshes and overwriting the originals in my 'Installed' folder.

Thanks for the suggestion! In fact I'm finding TESOBMM is doing this on more than one mod and so I just popped the files in manually as overwrites and ignored OBMM.

I'd love to know why OBMM is playing up like this.

• 1 month later...

BlueGunk,

If you're selecting the import function on the bottom then that's your problem. The solution is to click the Load Button, select the activate button and presto your mod is installed (FYI just figured this out myself).

Now when you try to activate the mod you will probably have conflicts with the mod this is because your zipped file probably has the .bsa, esp & or .esm all clupmed together. It tries to resolve itself but it can't because when you import the zipped file (.7z, .ZIP, .RAR) instead of LOADING (what you should've done in the first place(NO MANUAL!!!)) it looks at the archive in its entirety as well as looking at the .bsa file (the .bsa file will appear as unknown like this: WSBP.bsa.unknwon)

So the problem with that is it is confused and needs HUMAN input (not automated) to select the correct file ( .7z, .zip, .rar, etc)

10/23/13 - NEW INFO: It might be that you actually need to select the uknown file

Edited by Soulus13

Thank you Soulus13! I'll try it this way around. I've unpacked stuff before and imported it with no problems in earlier versions, and I like OBMM to handle my installs (or Wrye Bash) to make life easier for myself. With your discoveries I should be able to work my way around this now. Many thanks for taking the time out to help!

Clive

• 4 years later...

i know this is late but if anyone else was looking for a fix when it says

The file 'obmm\mods\HGEC Dark Enchantress BBB support.omod2.zip' already exists

in the obmm/mods file there will be the omod, dont click ok on obmm, go to the file, and copy it to a diffrent file, then go to obmm and click load, go to the file you put the omod in and click it, then it will add the omod to the mods

• 11 months later...

I did indeed! I've long since moved on to Skyrim SE and FO4. But someone else might find this in a search and it might be useful to them. Also, good of you to offer help!

That brings back memories: HGEC... :happy: