SKSE running, SkyUI activated, but will NOT work

xdestron

Like the title says, I have the most recent versions of everything.

I have SKSE, NMM, BOSS and SkyUI activated. I run the SKSE launcher through NMM (SKSE is in the Skyrim directory). I have sorted all my mods with BOSS.

When I have the game open, I can verify SKSE is running through the ESC menu (version is displayed on bottom right).

However, SkyUI does not seem to be running. Menus are all vanilla menus. Do I need to do something extra, like a console command? Otherwise I am out of ideas.

Relevant screens:

ESC menu:

http://i.imgur.com/2tUL2rp.jpg

NMM Mod Menu:

http://i.imgur.com/tYKSHE5.png

damn, OK, I solved it with help from the people in chat.

Basically I had to uninstall and reinstall SkyUI, because it was not appearing in the "plugins" tab in NMM. Once I got it to appear, I was able to get the load order set up correctly and now it works

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

what was the load order? I'm using BOSS and I'm still not getting the menus to pop up, just the normal ones. SKSE is running great but SKYUI isn't working at all besides the fact that I can change the settings of the menus if I press ESC.

I still cant get it to work, I had the same issue with it not registaring in NMM plugins or LOOT, that got fixed when i deleted and redownloaded it but SkyUI still isn't working and yes im opening the game using Script Extender not standard Skyrim.

SkyUI doesn't work for me and I'm not using NMM, LOOT, BOSS, or whatever other unnecessary, nonsensical, 3rd-party app to clutter up Skyrim modding even more! SKSE is loaded and working fine too; using Skyrim: Special Edition. Now what?

Reinstalling SkyUI should fix it.

Also, it isn't recommended to use BOSS for Skyrim as it doesn't work well and besides BOSS is an old mod user tool. Use LOOT for both SLE and SSE.

• 6 months later...

Reinstalling SkyUI (I guess just moving the skyui.* files out of data, loading a saved game, quitting the game without saving, and moving the skyui.* files back into data) doesn't work. Also, I refuse to use a 3rd-party mod manager.

It's sad how everybody just conforms to that crap and uses it. I don't want that unnecessary garbage either and I'm infuriated about the lack of support online for doing this stuff manually. Nice to see someone else that feels the same way though.

It's sad how everybody just conforms to that crap and uses it. I don't want that unnecessary garbage either and I'm infuriated about the lack of support online for doing this stuff manually. Nice to see someone else that feels the same way though.

Why don't you just quit and leave? No one needs you here. An uneducated noob, vomiting that kind of bs after three days of membership. :rolleyes: