SKSE running, SkyUI activated, but will NOT work

xdestron

• 7 months later...

My issue is that Skyui loads, and works (kindof), but it loads every menu very slowly and gives me error 1. Tells me SKSE64 is not installed, when all my other SKSE64 stuffs work just fine. I can't figure this out. I tried installing manually, through Vortex, tried running LOOT, all of it tells me SKSE64 isn't installed and it won't work.

• 1 month later...

So there are others with the same issue.

I'm running the following:

Debian 10 (buster) with kernel 4.19, amdgpu, mesa 19.1, proton 4-11-GE. Skyrim SE, SKSE64, SkyUI5_2.

Skyrim SE ist running fine with several manually installeed mods. I rubbed ithe mods down to SKSE, UOSP, Skyrim Renewed, Apachii Hair, SkyUI and UIExtensions. "getskseversion" brings a value, so skse64 is running. skse64.log states the same and also shows that papyrusutil are loaded.

"help ski_" brings up several SKI_ modules.

"setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" runs withour error.

So it looks to me like SkyUI is loaded and running.

But all the menus are vanilla.

I found a thread where somebody is posting a solution to modify SkyUI to put Skyrim.esm as master file into it. Unfortunately I couldn't manage to get an instance of SSEEdit running in Skyrim Special Edition's context 'til now. Installing a Windows VM also looks to much a hassle to me.

Somebody here who has some experience with this and can approve that the overhead of putting a reference of Skyrim.esm as master into SkyUI with the help of SSEEdit will solve the problem?

------------

Update: I managed to install SSEEdit and wrote a bash startup script to fire it up in the right directory.

After putting Skyrim.esm as master into SkyUI.esp I was able to change the loading sequence and SkyUI worked. The same with UIExtension.

Now I'm searching for the reason why I suddenly have T-Position. There is no FNIS installed and AFAIK also no Mod which requires it.

Edited by LolitaHalbElf