Vanishing Ore and More

So I've got two questions I've asked about in a few discord servers, including the Nexus discord before but haven't had helpful responses back about:

Firstly, in this custom build I'm making for skyrim SE I've put some stalhrim ore in and some moonstone veins which, for whatever reason, have vanished or been exhausted respectively when I enter the game. I didn't mine them, yet they have disappeared.

Secondly, I'm trying to arrange a little gimmick for the custom enchanter I set up that uses the Eye of Magnus dais model and a separate pedestal. That part isn't important on its own. What is is the fact I want the pedestal to function as an activator for the enchanter. The idea is to use the pedestal to switch out an inactive dais with the enchanting dais and to activate a spell effect over it. The first half of this I've set up, but I cannot deactivate it now which is something I really wanted to be able to do.

I really need help with these problems...

Mine Ore:

you must follow a precise set-up. You need the Mine Ore Activator (Moonstone/Stahlrim in this case) AND a specific Furniture marker - the PickaxeMining marker. Three of them, one to mine on the floor, one on the wall and one at table height. Choose the marker you need and place it on your Mining Ore. Pressing the keyboard key "M" will show/hide the marker.

When done, double click on the marker and go to the tab "Activate Parent", right click - select "new" and on the pop in box "select reference in render window". Click the cross on the mining ore. Then, double click on the mining ore and go on "Linked Ref" tab, add a new, select the marker in the render window.

You can see the full procedure in this tutorials, use the advanced search function of your PDF reader.

Using the pedestal as a switch is doable, but it's hard to explain.

You need to create an activator..... Follow THIS: https://zikul.tumblr.com/post/73865829885/creation-kit-tutorial-for-invisible-activators-making

And NEVER forget to check the box Player Activation!!!!!! :geek:

edit: Creating Blank activators allow a lot of things, not only switches. Create a new Activator, without assign it a lever or a script. Just choose the name and the activate text override. With that, you can select an object (like the linked tutorial) and create a trigger. Assign your blank activator to the trigger, double-click/edit the trigger box, the fun begin. You can load any script in it.

• ActivateLinkedChestDummy - One chest in an interior cell. Each trigger point to this chest when using the "Linked ref" tab of the trigger, you have multiple chest/sack/barrel/crates/rocks acting as a chest
  • DLC2defaultshowmessageonactivate - first, create a Message (Object Window/Miscellaneous/Message) click on "Message Box" and add a short text. Then create your trigger and load the script. In the script properties, select your message
  • defaultEnableDisableLinkedRef - show or hide objects/NPC/lights/water. Load this script on the trigger box, add a XMarker, select ALL the objects you want enable or disable and use the Enable Parent tab to link them to the XMarker. Using "Set Enable State to Opposite of Parent" allow to hide an object while another object pop in. Link the Trigger Box to the XMarker

There's a lot of things to do with those Activators/TriggerBox. BUT NEVER FORGET to check the box Player Activation!!!!!!

Cheers

Edited by Vactrol

I apologise for how the delay in my replying. Thank you for the response. The issue with the ore has been resolved, I'm pleased to say, but I'm still confused as to what you meant by the process of the trigger box/XMarker business. Mostly to do with linking the box with the marker. Am I meant to do so in the same manner as I linked the other objects with the marker and simply go into the tab for the marker and select the trigger box? Or am I meant to use some other method? I'm not sure how all this is mechanically meant to work, so I'm mostly just doing as I'm told while walking blind, metaphorically speaking.

Edited by RosaliaLoving