FOSE Fix?

Redeye1961

So I downloaded the Anniversary Patch and the Downgrader but must of effed something up because, although the game works, I constantly get messages that FOSE is not installed. Did I load them in the wrong order? Was I suppose to install only one? I launched the game from the Fallout.exe and not the mod manager.

If you don't have a button "Launch FOSE" in the FOMM UI, you don't have FOSE installed correctly.

Or, you have the game installed in "Program Files", The Windows UAC prevents any changes to be made to any file installed in Program Files.

Ok, launching FOSE from FOMM results in the same error that originally brought me here, and the game is in Steam-SteamApps-Common-FO3 GOTY folder, not program files.

So, I got these two files that are supposed to fix things. Do you install both or just one? Or is there a set order and procedure to installing both, or what?

Did you install FOSE correctly? The files from the archive go to your FO3 installation directory, not the Data folder.

When you ran the downgrader, did it finish regulary or did it spit out error messages?

What do you mean with this: So, I got these two files that are supposed to fix things.

Did you install FOSE correctly? The files from the archive go to your FO3 installation directory, not the Data folder.

When you ran the downgrader, did it finish regulary or did it spit out error messages?

What do you mean with this: So, I got these two files that are supposed to fix things.

Yes. FOSE had been working up until the update.

No Error messages when running downgrader.

The two files mentioned in my first post were the ones that were suggested to fix the update glitch. I took this to mean to install both. My question is do both need to be installed and is there a set sequence or procedure necessary. In addition, a reply to a different post suggested running the game from fallout.exe and another said to run from FOSE after installing these files. ??????

I don't get it yet. What TWO downloads? There is only the Anniversary Patcher (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/24913) you need to download and that IS the downgrader. It's the same thing.

Install a fresh copy of FO3 from Steam or GOG, run it once from the launcher to create the ini files.

Extract and run the patcher as instructed.

Install FOSE as instructed.

Launch the game by running Fallout3.exe - you are correct here, the Patcher makes it so you no longer use fose_loader.

I don't get it yet. What TWO downloads? There is only the Anniversary Patcher (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/24913) you need to download and that IS the downgrader. It's the same thing.

Install a fresh copy of FO3 from Steam or GOG, run it once from the launcher to create the ini files.

Extract and run the patcher as instructed.

Install FOSE as instructed.

Launch the game by running Fallout3.exe - you are correct here, the Patcher makes it so you no longer use fose_loader.

Ok, there is where the confusion is. On the download page there is the Anniversary Patch and a file for the downgrader. My internet is s#*! so it would take a week to re-download the game. Is there a way to clean out certain files that were installed and call it good?