latranchedepain

latranchedepain

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
hello,
excellent mod i can tell, i just wish i could install it

when initializing mod installation in NMM, i get this message at 60% and it stops :
A problem occured during install:?
The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
The mod was not installed.
how can i get rid of that ? without switching mod managers ?

thanks ! :^)

CHIMgarden

CHIMgarden

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 596 posts
In response to post #114378938.

Spoiler

It will be easy to solve with the solution from mod description:

If during/after installation some sort of error pops up or animations in your game can`t play and you see static pose instead:
Mod Organizer 2 users - rename mod folder in your mod manager to "NPCAR DAR" and it will fix this
Other mod manager users - extract the zip file and rename the "NPC Animation Remix (DAR)" named folder to "Data", repack and install

This is a "file path is too long" Windows problem once again...

Edited by CHIMgarden, 05 September 2022 - 06:49 PM.

CHIMgarden

CHIMgarden

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 596 posts
In response to post #114374743.

Spoiler

Thank you! Maybe I just need to tweak conditions, what animations are played too often in your game?
Keep in mind though the more NPCs you have in location, the more repetitive some animations might be simply because more actors will have probability of playing it and will be (analogous to how buying more lottery tickets helps to win). So if you have a lot of filler NPC mods, it will affect the whole picture

xbk123

xbk123

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
In response to post #114374743. #114494688 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

No, no need to change anything. Its working like a charm. I was just recommending starting new game for anybody who is complaining that this mod is not working or animations play extremely rarely.

Thekittymixy

Thekittymixy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Is there anyway to use the non looped version but still have all the animations from the main version? I can't really use the main version since it seems like its giving me random crashes on my setup. :(

CHIMgarden

CHIMgarden

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 596 posts
In response to post #114570818.

Spoiler

"No looped idles" version of main file has all the same animations in it except the looped ones. Those kinds of animations proven to cause CTD on weaker PC or with overwhelming amount of DAR mods. So in your case you can't use full version.

Just for the reference: right now I'm testing Keizaal wabbajack modlist (which has a few DAR mods included already) with full versions of my DAR mods added to it and I have experienced no crashes with my i5-3450 processor dealing with all that. 

Thekittymixy

Thekittymixy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
In response to post #114570818. #114580473 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Interesting! I do have quite a strong pc and the only dar mods that I have that cover npc idles are yours, and the crash log I have unfortunately pointed it to being an animation problem. I've even had others look at it and told me it was a problem with this mod (particularly the main version) and maybe some weird conflict I might be having somewhere, since I do have all of your animation mods I think! I can post the crash log if that will help but if not I might just have to settle with the no looped version. 

Thanks!!

Edit:Oh also forgot to mention I do have evg conditional idles so maybe theres a weird conflict there lol.

Edited by Thekittymixy, 07 September 2022 - 10:04 PM.

Azureshine

Azureshine

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 30 posts
Hello, I just wanted to comment for awareness that this mod and EVG Conditional Idles do have animation conflicts. In my case I had EVG injury animation for NPCs enabled and this mod, and would get seemingly random CTDs pointing to the skeleton. I wrongly assumed this mod was the sole culprit/was the cause of the error. Thankfully I was reluctant to part with this mod since I like many of its features, which after some investigation led me to the above discovery.

I personally was unaware DAR animations could even have conflicts and hope others can learn from my experience. If users are having issues with this mod it could potentially be animation conflicts, it would be a good idea to check your load order for similar animation mods if experiencing CTDs with this mod installed.

Thekittymixy

Thekittymixy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
In response to post #114594013.

Spoiler

Oh. that could also explain my random animation ctds because I do have evg conditional idles (I dont have evg variance) and this mod. Does it only happen when the npc gets hurt(since its injury idle animations) or just randomly? For evg conditional idles I have all of the idles turned on for npcs so should I just disable all of them for npcs I guess? Or how were you able to resolve the crashes?

Edited by Thekittymixy, 07 September 2022 - 09:58 PM.

Azureshine

Azureshine

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 30 posts
In response to post #114594013. #114600403 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

In my experience it was with EVG injury animations, disabling that feature for NPCs fixed the random CTDs for me. Other features of EVG Conditional Idles may have conflicts, I haven't really extensively tested yet. The cold/ out of stamina animations for NPCs from EVG Conditional Idles seem fine to use with this mod, I don't know about the other features. Testing would be needed for other features but with the random nature of the CTDs would make that difficult, the conflicts won't be immediately apparent.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.152 seconds