Old PC video game questions...

So if I get fallout new vegas through steam on windows 10?, does cheats like god mode or like 900000 pounds carry weight work on windows 10 steam?...and still function like the old days of old computers where you can put these cheats in and it still works perfectly throughout the whole game kinda thing? does it still work on skyrim like the cd for old computers of windows 10 for such cheats like 900000 pounds carryweight for skyrim as well?

those are two games are games i'm focusing on so on best how to play with such cheats but throughout the whole game? steam or no steam should i get from those 2 games for any which one? thanks...

i'll focus on the games I do have like KOTOR 1, KOTOR 2, oblivion, morrowind, neverwinter nights 1 and 2...

Thank you for any help.

Edited by DrifterKane91

You can always cheat with the consol, open consol with the keyboard press the button unter Esc or left number 1, all the possiblities you can find under Wiki, for example GodMod "tgm" with out the bracets.

Thank you but does fallout new vegas actually work with absolutely massive cheats unlike fallout 3 because fallout 3 requires windows live which is not around anymore. Does New Vegas with such cheats go on until the game is over and won as I used to do with fallout 3 on older laptops with massive cheats i used then? Last time I played skyrim doing things like 9000000 pounds and health and all that=it worked on my old laptop way back when on old laptops.

so my question is this...can I finish the game with said such cheats above?

and if it can, should i get it on steam or the cd for the most massive cheats?...for...skyrim and fallout New Vegas.

I have windows 10 64bit for a laptop.

Fallout 3 no longer requires GFWL (Games For Windows Live). Both the GoG and Steam versions have had this prerequisite removed. If you have the game installed, update it. If you don't have it installed, you will get the current version at install.

Fallout 3 and NV both work quite well on Windows 10 and 11. The games perform as well as they did on prior versions of Windows, cheats and all. I play and create mods for both games on Windows 11.

Oh, lest I forget. GFWL is still around. It can be downloaded from several sites. I used the CNET site to download it for years.

Edited by ScytheBearer

Get the GOG versions of FNV and FO3. The GOG versions already include quite a lot of ini tweaking & patching work for newer systems and monitors - which the Steam versions do not. For example, cpu threading, mouse acceleration, Large Address Aware (aka 2GB patched), GFWL pre-disabled, and so on. Steam do absolutely none of that work. Plus you can actually download your own offline GOG copies and really own them, forever, unlike Steam...

Fallout 3 no longer requires GFWL (Games For Windows Live). Both the GoG and Steam versions have had this prerequisite removed. If you have the game installed, update it. If you don't have it installed, you will get the current version at install.

Fallout 3 and NV both work quite well on Windows 10 and 11. The games perform as well as they did on prior versions of Windows, cheats and all. I play and create mods for both games on Windows 11.

Oh, lest I forget. GFWL is still around. It can be downloaded from several sites. I used the CNET site to download it for years.

a few month ago the dependency was not removed from the fo3 european steam version. maybe this has changed in the meantime but i got no steam update for that till now. i offer a mod to solve this porblem after installation on win 10 (GFWL reinstall). console works without any restrictions.

a few month ago the dependency was not removed from the fo3 european steam version. maybe this has changed in the meantime but i got no steam update for that till now. i offer a mod to solve this porblem after installation on win 10 (GFWL reinstall). console works without any restrictions.

How strange. The announcement was pretty public, and every gamer magazine and blogger took a swipe at Bethesda for taking over a decade to correct the oversight. Hell the announcement even made it into several threads on Nexus. Where were you?

i use fo3 steam dowload and game installation from an europen steam server. seems i missed this update. i haven`t played the game the last months. i thought this kind of update installs automatically. i will force the update. thanks.

the steam update destroys the functionality of fose. a nexus mod with the capability to reset to the previous version saved my game. so modders be aware!