Magical Girls in Mass Effect

FayelonMagicalGirl

Hey, everyone. So, I thought I would introduce a very special project that I've been working on. I never thought I would even dream of doing something like this, but I've really been into this. I've been working on it and so far, I've written a lot. I would be so happy if you would check this out for yourselves. I am so passionate about this.

So, yes, it is as the title implies. However...as far as this idea goes, I took it in a different direction and really have this fit into the game's universe. No, this is not a crossover. These magical girls in my story are my OCs as a means of making these girls into what would fit best into the series while also bringing in a new idea into this. If your interested in how this will go, you're more than welcome to check it out.

The link for the tumblr blog will be posted down below.

https://iffdwfayelons.tumblr.com/

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I would like to add that (even though this is so obvious) I am a huge fan of the magical girl genre. I have loved all sorts of magical girl shows, not just anime. For years, I have really been into magical girls. I just got back into Sailor Moon, I have also enjoyed Pretty Cure and have also been a fan of Winx Club.

As I have mentioned before, I have taken this idea in a different direction to fit into the Mass Effect series while keeping some of the magical girl charm. I have also taken a few pages from Madoka Magica, so these magical girls aren't so cutesy, but rather, there have been a number of issues involved with the characters that would have them fit in well with the series.

I look forward to sharing more of this.

Episode 1-Arrival

The Citadel: The main structure and capital of Citadel Space. It was just a normal day on the massive structure. The denizens were going about their lives. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary at the time.

The Normandy was docked within the massive structure with some of the crew members out and about, doing different things, but they were close by. Around that time, 5 teenage girls were just walking along, not really doing anything unusual but they seemed somewhat out of place. One girl had short, blonde hair, a lime green tank-top, brown pants and green sneakers and a belt with a green jewel on it. The second had pink hair and wore a burgundy sweatband. She wore an orange shirt with a flame decoration on it, the sleeves were a little above her elbows. She wore a purple dress underneath her shirt, she also wore burgundy shorts underneath her skirt. She wore dark blue shoes and wore orange armbands with thick red edges. The third one had long, dark blonde hair. She wore clothes of pink, yellow and light blue. She had a jacket over her dress as well as a pair of sneakers of the same colors as the rest of her outfit. She wore white leggings, a neon pink bracelet on her right wrist and a large star pendant around her neck. She also wore star earrings. The fourth one had dark colored skin and short, purple hair. She wore a short hat with a wind swirl patch on it. She wore a short-sleeved shirt consisting of purple, a little lighter purple, red and blue as well as an even lighter purple shirt underneath. She wore blue pants and green sneakers. She also wore armbands that were the same color as her undershirt. The last one had very long, light blue hair. She wore 2 triangle pins on both sides of her head. She wore a dark blue tank-top over her seafoam green dress. She wore knee-high boots that were pale blue and seafoam green. She wore a small, light blue pendant surrounded by a dark blue oval edge around it. She also wore a yellow bracelet around her right wrist. Each of their outfits seemed a little out of the ordinary in the crowd.

Some of the members of the Normandy crew did eventually take notice of them. Garrus was the only one who walked close to them as they walked right passed him in the opposite direction, barely even looking at him. He noticed them almost immediately, then stopped to turn and look back towards them. Tali and Ashley were chatting with each other. The girls walked passed them. Both women took notice of the girls. Liara was checking on a data-pad. She lifted her head and spotted the girls. Javik was also watching the girls. Jacob and Thane were nearby as well. The girls walked into a bar. Miranda was sitting at a table, enjoying a hot drink as she was watching them. EDI and Joker were sitting together.

The girls walked up to a nearby counter then sat in front of it. The first girl sat in the middle of the group with both the second and third girl sitting on both sides of her. The fourth one sat next to the second one and the last one sat next to the third one. Soon enough, a turian bartender walked up to them on the other-side of the counter.

Bartender: “Well, hello there, girls. Is there anything I can get for you?”

1st Girl: “Well, we’ve spent a long time traveling. We could go for some refreshments.“

Bartender: “Ah, yes, I have a little something that you girls might enjoy. Hang on, I’ll be right back.”

The bartender walked off. The first girl then dropped her head and let out a sigh.

1st Girl: “It feels so good to be able to stop and rest after a long journey.”

3rd Girl: “Yeah, I know what you mean. When was the last time we’ve stopped somewhere after traveling for such a long time?”

4th Girl: “I don’t know, but we can’t stay here for very long.”

1st Girl: “Yes, of course, especially since we’ve had to leave home. I have to admit that it was very difficult for us to leave everything and everyone behind.”

2nd Girl: “We didn’t have a choice. Had we’d stayed, things would have gotten a lot worse.”

4th Girl: “I agree. We did what we had to do in order to protect our families and our homes.”

1st Girl: “Yes, I know. We’ve experienced so much destruction and devastation. So many people were killed. There was no way that we would allow that to escalate.”

5th Girl: “So, what will become of us?”

1st Girl: “I’m not sure. All we’ve been doing is drifting from one place to another. We can only continue doing this for so long before we’re worn out. I don’t really know what else we can do.”

3rd Girl: “Well, whatever happens, we’ll make it through this if we stay together. We will save our homes, we will keep our families safe and nothing is going to stop us!”

Soon enough, the bartender returned.

Bartender: “Alright, here you go, ladies.”

He brought out 5 glasses and poured a blue liquid into each of them.

Bartender: “I think you would be most pleased with these.”

The glasses were passed up to them. They stared into them for a brief moment. From there, the first girl reached out behind her and pulled out another jewel. As she held it in her hand, she looked into it. From there, she became instantly startled.

1st Girl: “What? Are you kidding me? We can’t drink this!!”

Bartender: “What? What do you mean? This is really good stuff!!”

1st Girl: “No way!! We’re too young for this!! You’re clearly out of your mind!!”

Bartender: “Hmph!! Is this the thanks I get for my hospitality? You little brats should be grateful!”

2nd Girl: “But we never asked for this! Give us something else; something that we actually can have!”

Bartender: “Well, you girls are still paying for these drinks!”

3rd Girl: “No way! You can’t just give us drinks that we never asked for or could even have and then expect us to pay for them? Get rid of them now!!”

Bartender: “Listen here, I put forth a lot of effort to get these drinks out and I’m not letting any of you leave until you pay for these!”

2nd Girl: “Um….are you being serious right now?”

3rd Girl: “Man, this is just so screwed up!”

Just then, Garrus walked in.

Garrus: “Hey, what seems to be the problem?”

Bartender: “These ungrateful brats refuse to pay for these drinks that I just poured for them.”

1st Girl: “We never asked for these drinks! You can’t just demand us to pay for them!!!”

3rd Girl: “Yeah, that is like so unfair and do we look old enough to be drinking this kind of stuff?”

Garrus: “Is that true? They didn’t ask for these drinks?”

Bartender: “Well…I figured that I’d just pour a few specials as a treat for these young ladies.”

Garrus looked at the girls then back at the bar. He did this a few times. Then, he abruptly approached that bartender. He seemed very aggravated.

Garrus: “What are you, some kind of blind idiot!?! Can’t you see these girls are underage!?! They have every right to chew you out for this. They’re clearly smart enough to know that they can’t have this and yet you have the audacity to demand that they pay for them!?! You should count yourself lucky that C-Sec didn’t take notice of this otherwise they would have hauled your sorry a** out of here!! Now give these girls some appropriate drinks and don’t ever let me catch you serving alcohol to adolescence again!!!”

Bartender: “Grr!! Fine!! What can I get you girls!?!”

3rd Girl: “Um…I don’t know. What do you have?”

Bartender: “Why don’t you check the menus!?! There’s a list of drinks listed for little girls like you!! Just pick something so that I can get this over with!!”

The girls grabbed the menus and looked into it except the first girl, who was looking at the jewel that she was still holding out, and the last girl.

5th Girl: “Can I just have a glass of water?”

The bartender continued to glare at the girls as he walked off. The other 4 had just placed their orders, then they turned towards Garrus.

1st Girl: “Thanks for helping us out with that.”

Garrus: “It’s my pleasure. But, just who are you girls? I don’t think I’ve seen you around here before.”

1st Girl: “I’m Jewel. This is Flare, Star, Aera and Splash. You could say that we’re….far from home…”

Garrus: “Huh, is that so?”

The bartender came back shortly afterwards. He handed the girls their drinks. Jewel was given a clear, bubbly drink, Flare received a cup of tea, Star received a milkshake in a tall glass, Aera received a dark, bubbly drink and Splash received a glass of water.

Bartender: “Here are your drinks! Is there anything else you prissy little princesses would want!?! Perhaps a foot massage?”

Aera: “Hm, I’ll admit that would be a nice treat. But do you know what would be even more appreciative? If you did your job correctly without being so rude.”

Bartender: “Tch! Teenagers!”

The bartender walked off while still looking aggravated. The girls turned back towards Garrus.

Star: “So, what about you, Mr. Nice Alien Guy? Perhaps you can tell us your name?”

Garrus: “Garrus Vakarian.”

Star: “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Garrus.”

The girls spent a brief moment enjoying their drinks.

Splash: “Ah….that really hits the spot. Nothing like a glass of ice cold water.”

Garrus: “So, what brings you girls all the way out here?”

The girls remained silent for a bit as they sulked. Jewel seemed to have sulked even more.

Jewel: “We’ve been running away.”

Garrus: “What do you mean?”

The girls were still silent, just then, Jewel became startled by something. She got up from her seat and rushed off. The other girls went after her. Garrus followed afterwards.

They rushed out of the bar and near the edge of the hallway that was overlooking a massive area far below them. They stood near the railing and looked up. They were very concerned about what they were seeing. Garrus eventually caught up to them. He stood behind them as he looked up as well. He was soon joined by some of the other members of the Normandy crew. High above them was a dark haze that covered some of the sky above them. It caused everything around them to darken a bit. Other bystanders stopped to notice this as well.

Jewel: “Oh, no! He found us!”

Garrus: “I’m guessing that’s what you’ve been running from?”

Tali: “What exactly is that?”

Flare: “It’s….from our enemy.”

Jewel and her friends stood by and stared up at the haze for a bit. Soon enough, they heard voice thundering from what seemed to have been coming from directly above them.

Voice: “HEAR ME!!!!!”

A loud bang that sounded like thunder was heard soon after. It was so loud that it startled everyone.

Voice: “YOU HAVE TAKEN WHAT RIGHTFULLY BELONGS TO ME!!! YOU MUST RETURN THEM TO ME NOW!!!”

Jewel: “No! We will never do that!! They never belonged to you!”

Voice: “SILENCE!!!”

The loud bang was heard again.

Voice: “RETURN TO ME THAT WHICH YOU HAVE STOLEN OR I WILL TAKE THEM FROM YOU BY FORCE!!!”

Jewel: “We can’t do that!! You have caused so much devastation within our homes and have threatened so many lives!! We can’t allow you to cause any more terrible destruction!! We will do all we can to protect all those that we love and that is why we have taken the keys and fled!! We can’t let you have them, otherwise many others will be destroyed as well!!”

Voice: “IF THAT’S HOW IT’S GOING TO BE, THEN FINE!!! YOU’VE FORCED MY HAND INTO IT!! I WILL TAKE THEM BACK WITH EVERY OUNCE OF YOUR LIVES!!! YOU SHALL REGRET EVER CROSSING ME!!!!”

Descending from the haze were horrible, monstrous creatures. They went all over, attacking civilians as the many of the populous ran screaming. Some of the crew members of the Normandy pulled out their guns and started shooting at the strange dark creatures.

Ashley: “What is going on? What are these things?”

Liara: “Do you girls know this…incredibly loud and aggressive voice?”

Jewel: “Yes…all too well….”

It didn’t take them long to react to everything around them. They then rushed out and tried to fight back. However, these girls fought with some extraordinary skills. Flare is shown to be a master martial artist. Star is good at kickboxing. Aera can fight with ease, but doesn’t so much as touch anyone. Splash is shown to be quite vicious. The Normandy crew seemed very surprised to see this. But it was Jewel that really revealed just how truly unique she and her friends really are. She noticed as the crew members were struggling against the creatures despite their best efforts.

Jewel: “Guys!! Hang on!!”

She stood in front of the crew just close enough to clearly be seen by her. From there, she did something that none of them saw coming. She held the back of her hands outward with her arms crossed in an X position. Then, a few jewels emerged from the back of both of her hands. The crew stood by in awe of what they were seeing.

Garrus: “What the…?”

Tali: “What?”

Liara: “By the goddess…!”

Ashley: “Oh my gosh!!!”

Jewel then flung her jewels for the backs of her hands and attacked the creatures.

Jewel: “Things have really gotten serious…but no matter.”

The crew still stood by startled. The rest of the girls regrouped with Jewel. They stood together then looked up at the sky again.

Jewel: “It’s time to release our full might. Are you ready?”

The other girls nodded once.

Garrus: “What are you girls?”

Jewel looked back towards Garrus with a serious look on her face.

Jewel: “Apparently nothing that you would have expected. Alright! Let’s do it!”

From there, Jewel touched the green gem attached to her belt and removed it.

Jewel: “Here we go!! Metamorphose!!”

One by one, each of the girls underwent a magical transformation. From the transformations, their outfit changed, involving different themes. Jewel’s contained few different kinds of jewelry. Flare had flame patterns on her outfits. Star’s were adorned with star patterns. Area had wind based designs on hers and Splash had a few water colored and water themed designs. Their hair also changed different colors as well and were added hair extensions that were styled differently. Jewel’s hair color changed to green with some dark beige stripes. Her hair extensions rolled up and bulged out a bit. There were 2 dark beige hair streaks that hung in front of her ears and adorned with a couple of diamond shaped jewels attached to 2 round dark green hair clips. Flare’s hair changed to red. She had one part of her front hair change to orange to resemble a flame. Her hair extensions were a bright orange color that were tied in 2 hair buns and both sides of her head. She had 2 long and thin purple extensions that hang on both sides of her head. Star’s hair became white, she grew some bright yellow hair extensions that are tied in 2 loops that hang from the sides of her head to the back of it and are adorned by 2 star pendants. Aera’s hair changes to a different shade of purple with 2 hair extensions that twist into 2 stubby oni horns on the top of her head that are also colored with a few lavender streaks, both of which are adorned with 2 wind-based hairpins. She also develops another hair extension on both sides of her head that are twisted around a bit and has the bottom part of the twist be lavender. And finally, Splash’s hair extension is tied into a bow with dark blue stripes. Her bow is adorned with a few light blue picks.

After their transformations were done the Normandy crew stood in awe of their new forms. They were disbelief of what they were seeing.

Ashley: “No way….!!!”

Liara: “I…don’t believe it….!”

Tali: “They’re….they’re….magical girls…!!!”

Garrus: “Magical girls? You mean like from those old Earth cartoons known as anime?”

Jewel: “Let’s go, girls!!”

The girls rushed out. They fought off the creatures with the use of each of their special abilities. Jewel has the ability to summon jewels and other rocks and use them as weapons and other forms of attacks. Flare is a pyromancer and can utilize all forms of fire attacks. Star can wield Light magic at will and against her enemies. Aera is an aeromancer who can wield the power of wind at her command and Splash can utilize the power of water. The crew members continued to stand by and watch them fight.

Tali: “Incredible…! I never would have thought that I’d actually see…real life magical girls outside those…anime shows…!!!”

Ashley: “You use to watch magical girl anime?”

Tali: “Yes…when I was younger….years before I started my pilgrimage.”

Ashley: “Hm, I have to admit that I, too, used to watch them a lot when I was younger. Never thought that girls in stylish outfits could be such incredibly tough fighters. I was thrilled by them.”

Tali: “Glad to see that I’m not the only one in the group who’s a fan of magical girl anime.”

Soon enough, James Vega walked up a bit.

James: “Hm, these girls….they do seem out of place a bit.”

Garrus: “I can see what you mean. It’s almost as though….they stick out all too easily. Almost like they’re from some other place, like they were thrown from fantasy and into something completely different for whatever reason.”

James: “Hey, at least they’re not Moe Waifus.”

Garrus: “Yes, as if we couldn’t possibly have enough of that. Perhaps…if they were a little younger, they could be…maybe….no, no, I can’t think that way.”

At that time, Javik walked in.

Javik: “Did I hear that right? Did you just call these girls….magical girls?”

Tali: “Yes, you would be correct.”

Javik: “These….magical girls…..they seem….awfully ridiculous. They do not look like formidable fighters.”

Ashley: “What are you talking about? They’re incredible!”

Javik: “They’re flashy appearances are not that of traditional warriors and their abilities are….bizarre. I do not know who these girls are but I do not find them even the least bit fitting in the lines of combat. I am not impressed by them at all.”

Tali: “Do not underestimate magical girls. They may not dress like fighters, but they are tougher than they look. I have seen them in action many times in anime. They would surprise you.”

Javik: “Hmph! You primitives and your…magical girl craze.”

The girls continued on with the fight. Within a moment’s notice, Jewel looked back towards the Normandy crew as she noticed that some of the creatures were rushing towards them.

Jewel: “Garrus!!!”

She rushed over and utilizing the jewel she wore on her chest, she removed it and had it enlarged. She used it as a massive shield. Garrus seemed to have been in awe. She looked back at him and smiled. He looked at her, still in awe. Just then, she was struck from her side and was tossed over the edge of the corridor and fell to the ground below.

Garrus: “JEWEL!!”

Almost instantly, Jewel was seen flying back up. She had a set of wings adorned with different types of jewels. Garrus stood by, even more stunned. She just stared at him.

Star: “Jewel!!”

The other girls came flying in, they also had wings, each of them were a different set.

Flare: “Thank goodness you’re OK.”

Jewel: “They took me by surprise, but I wasn’t hit too bad.”

Jewel looked down at the corridor.

Jewel: “Let’s get back down there.”

They flew back down towards the corridor. As they landed, their wings dissipated.

Garrus: “I don’t believe it….you girls are….fairies….?”

Jewel looked back at him with a confused look on his face.

Jewel: “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

There was another loud bang. They looked up and noticed the dark haze becoming more intense. Everyone was already looking up at it again.

Aera: “Now isn’t the time for this, guys.”

Jewel: “You’re right. We still have his underlings to deal with. Let’s go!!”

They rushed off and continued the fight. The Normandy crew still stood by.

Tali: “So, they’re fairies…?”

Javik: “Tch! These girls are even more unimpressive.”

James: “Again, at least they’re not Moe Waifus.”

Javik: “I don’t know what a Moe is or even a Waifu for that matter, but I don’t really care!! They are still unable to take on that of true formidable fighters.”

Tali: “Again, don’t underestimate them.”

The fight continued on. The girls displayed their powers more and more. Soon enough, they were becoming more and more exhausted. The Normandy crew took notice of this and became worried. Jewel looked back at them. She seemed to have a distraught look on her face.

Jewel: “It’s no use, we can’t continue fighting any longer. We….we….”

From there, they collapsed.

Liara: “Oh, no!”

Jewel: “No….not now….we can’t….”

They looked up at the sky towards the dark haze, they stared at it for a bit.

Splash: “What can we do? We’re not able to continue fighting and our enemy….”

Aera: “Well….at least we’ve managed to subdue his dark power enough for him to stop causing any more trouble around here.”

Star: “Yeah, but it won’t be long before he regains his power and go after more innocent civilians.”

Jewel: “At this rate, he’ll find a way to greatly overpower us. Dammit! We shouldn’t have stayed too long!!”

Flare: “We knew this would happen, but we can’t keep running forever.”

Jewel: “You’re right. Perhaps it’s time for us to stop running. We need to stand our ground and fight back! I think it’s also time for us to make sure that this monster’s entity would never leave this realm.”

Splash: “What? But we’ll be putting the entire realm in danger!!”

Jewel: “This entire realm would be in danger anyway with or without our involvement but at least we’ll be preventing the same thing from happening to other realms and other people. Besides, this realm is massive and the people here are strong.”

She looked back at the Normandy crew, a petite and reassured smiled appeared on her face.

Jewel: “I can sense it greatly.”

Flare: “Yes, I can sense it, too. And perhaps…we’re not able to win this fight, not alone at least.”

Jewel turned her head back and then faced the Normandy crew again as they looked back at her.

Jewel: “Please…help us with this.”

The crew stood by concerned for a bit. Soon enough, Ashley stepped forward a bit.

Ashley: “We will do whatever we can.”

Liara: “Of course.”

Tali: “Absolutely.”

Everyone else nodded. Garrus especially stepped up.

Garrus: “You can count on us.”

Jewel smiled again then went back to facing in front of her as a serious look grew on her face.

Jewel: “OK, girls, let’s do this.”

They then stood back up and gathered as much of their magical energy as they possibly could. The Normandy crew stood by and watched as this was taking place.

Liara: “What…what could they be doing…?”

Tali: “I….I don’t know….”

EDI: “Hm….I am picking up on massive amounts of unknown energy within those girls. They seem to be….channeling this….um….could it be magic?”

Tali: “I would think so. They are fairies, after all.”

The girls continued at this. Then, Jewel brought forth some of her powers and materialized what appeared to be a massive jewel. The crew members were startled by this.

Liara: “What could they be doing?”

Jewel then shot her massive jewel into the dark haze above them. The other girls then unleashed massive amounts of their powers into the jewel. From there, the jewel shined and unleashed a massive burst of bright magical energy. Everyone that saw this was greatly startled upon seeing this.

Voice: “WHAT? WHAT IS HAPPENING!?! WHAT IS THIS!?!”

Jewel: “We have unleashed a sealing spell upon your entity! From now on, your power shall never leave this realm just so as long as we remain here, that way, you can never retreat to another realm!”

Voice: “FOOLISH GIRLS! YOU WILL ONLY PUT ALL THOSE WITHIN THAT REALM IN DANGER!!!”

Jewel: “We know that, but this is better than putting all others within the Universe in peril! It’s here that we will put a stop to you!! We shall take our fight here!! Our time for running is over!! Also, someday, you will have to face us in person!!”

Voice: “YOU SHALL PAY GREATLY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE WITH ALL THAT DWELL WITHIN THIS REALM!! I WILL SEE TO IT THAT I SHALL CLAIM THAT WHICH BELONGS TO ME!!!”

Aera: “And we’ll see to it that’ll never happen! What you’ll do to this realm is a small price to pay for putting an end to your destruction and mass-murder once and for all!!”

Star: “We also declare ourselves the new protectors of this realm. We’ll make certain that any damages you will cause to any of these worlds shall be kept to a minimum the best that we can.”

Flare: “We know that we are not all-powerful but we will make sure that you will never become all-powerful, either, for the sake of our homes, our families and all of the good people of these many realms. Make no mistake about that, you treacherous monster!!!”

From there, the dark haze faded and all was peaceful. The girls stood by as they continued gazing into the sky. Then, they reverted to their regular clothes and hair as they fell to their knees, greatly exhausted.

Liara: “Girls!!!”

The Normandy crew rushed over to the girls and tended to them. They lifted them off of the ground and helped with standing them up. Ashley and Tali tended to Jewel. James placed Splash on his back. Miranda helped out Star. EDI and Joker went for Flare and Aera. The rest stood nearby.

Liara: “Are you OK?”

Jewel: “Yeah….we are….that took a lot out of us.”

Garrus: “You girls are full of surprises.”

Tali: “I know, I had no idea that magical girls were real, or even fairies for that matter.”

Jewel: “What are you talking about?”

Tali: “Nevermind.”

Jewel: “Well….we have a lot to discuss with you guys…..”

Ashley: “Yeah, we do, but first, you girls need to get some rest. You clearly have been through a lot.”

Jewel: “That would be putting it lightly.”

Ashley: “Come on, let’s bring them back to the Normandy with us.”

The crew members continued helping the girls as they went on their way.

Javik: “You girls are still not very formidable. I am not at all impressed by your fighting and powers.”

Ashley: “Oh, shut up, Javik.”

So, before I continue, I would like to share something that I made. It's more so an insignificant cut and paste project that I made, but it's one that made me very happy to put together. I made this as my own way to celebrate the Mass Effect Legendary Edition, but with my own twist. Here it is

The track is an instrumental version of a song. Can you guess where this track came from? I'll give you a hint: it's relevant to the topic here.

Episode 2-Briefing

Much time later, the crew had already boarded the Normandy and just departed the Citadel. Most of them, mainly the men, met within a meeting room. They were soon joined by Ashley, EDI, Tali, Miranda and Liara.

Ashley: “We’ve managed to find a vacant bedroom for those girls. They’ll be sleeping there for the time being. There’s no telling when they’ll wake up.”

Garrus: “Good, at least they will finally have some rest.”

Liara: “I am relieved that they have made is through this alive.”

Ashley: “We’ll have a chat with them as soon as they’re awake, but for now, let’s talk about what we were able to find out regarding them.”

Miranda: “I would like to talk about that dark haze; they seemed to know it all too well. Any ideas on what it could be?”

Jacob: “Not sure, but from we’ve heard, it seemed to have been under the control of some higher up and these girls seem to know who this higher up is.”

EDI: “That entity sounded awfully passive aggressive, not to mention that it’s voice was so incredibly loud. It was enough to cripple anyone who could hear it, especially me and I’m just an AI.”

Javik: “Well, it most certainly did not cripple me.”

Liara: “Any ideas on what it could be?”

EDI: “Negative but scanners have picked up on the source of that voice being someplace very far away. It was too far for me to really pick up on its exact location.”

Liara: “Those girls have been running away from that thing and for who knows how long.”

Thane: “Yes, they did mention something about being here too long. I think I can understand why.”

Tali: “That thing, whoever it was, it may have been chasing them through so many places. It’s amazing that they were able to last as long as they did without being even more tired than they really are.”

Liara: “Indeed.”

Tali: “And….they’re magical girls! Fairies! I cannot believe it!”

Liara: “I can’t believe it, either. I always thought that magical girls were a thing of fiction or fantasy. But to see real life mystical creatures; it’s mind-blowing!”

Ashley: “You used to watch magical girl shows, too, Liara?”

Liara: “Yes….I would tend to watch those…old Earth shows about magical girls during my time off. I would…study Earth fantasies on the side. Your human fantasies seem to…intrigue me quite a bit.”

Ashley: “I see…”

Javik: “These….magical girls, as you may call them, they do not seem at all like they could handle any fight. They were frilly, weak, their powers did not impress me the least bit. It is a miracle that they were able to manage against those dark creatures.”

Garrus: “I would disagree with you on that. I’ve never seen anything like what they could do. Their powers were just incredible. And their abilities to change the way that they did. Who else could do that?”

Tali: “That’s magical girls for you.”

Garrus: “And to have them endure being chased around by this…this aggravated entity. I’d say they’re a lot tougher than they look.”

Javik: “They’re still not very impressive.”

Jacob: “Is there nothing that would impress you?”

Garrus: “Well, they are still a little too young for what they’re going through and they most certainly seem out of place here, almost as though….they were pulled out of one story and into another that is out of place for them. You know, like a different genre in a story.”

James: “Again, at least they’re not Moe Waifus.”

Garrus: “Yes! I know that!!”

Traynor: “Those poor girls. There’s no telling how long they’ve been running or how much they’ve endured.”

Garrus: “They’ve been through a lot, that much we could understand.”

Miranda: “We were able to pick up on why these girls were running from this entity, right?”

Liara: “From what we’ve heard, they’ve stolen something that the entity wanted. It claimed that whatever those “keys” as they have mentioned were, that it belonged to him but those girls said otherwise.”

Garrus: “Yeah, I remember hearing them saying that.”

Traynor: “But could these “keys” have belonged to that entity?”

Ashley: “Not really sure, but most likely not. They seemed convinced that if this entity were to take possession of them, then everything and everyone would be put in mortal danger.”

James: “Seemed as though we were in plenty danger when that thing summoned all of those monsters.”

Miranda: “I know what you mean. Our weapons could barely put a dent in them, much less kill them.”

Tali: “But those girls seemed as though they stood plenty of a match against them. It was amazing.”

Javik: “And yet, they were too weak to destroy them. I don’t find anything remarkable about them.”

Garrus: “At least they could harm those creatures.”

Tali: “He’s right, we were almost as good as defenseless.”

Javik: “Hmph! If I had weaponry that could take down such an entity, I would have killed it. Those girls weren’t even close to being formidable enough to finish it off. They were feeble.”

Ashley: “Oh, will you shut it already!?! At least they were able to do something about them!”

Garrus: “Perhaps they’re just tired from all the running around that they had to do. Besides, they’re adolescence; their powers, or at least that’s what I think their abilities are, wouldn’t have fully developed.”

Tali: “They were awfully strong, though.”

Ashley: “And yet, this thing had forced them to run from their homes despite how young they are. It’s no wonder why they wouldn’t be strong enough to completely take down this entity. I would never expect anyone at their age to be at their peak, regardless of whether or not they’re magical beings.”

Tali: “Speaking of magical beings, they are fairies, right? I mean, they do look like fairies.”

Liara: “I would say yes, but they didn’t seem to even know what a fairy is.”

Tali: “If that’s true then what do they call themselves?”

Garrus: “Well, I know for a fact that they’re not humans, unless there are magical humans that none of us even know about.”

Jacob: “I wouldn’t think so, otherwise Earth would have probably won against the turians in the First Contact War easily.”

Miranda: “Or at the very least stood a much better chance than we actually did.”

Garrus: “Hm, true.”

EDI: “I was able to also confirm that these girls are not, at all, from Earth. They’re biology suggests that they are nowhere from that planet or anywhere in this galaxy for that matter.”

Soon enough, 2 very well known krogan, Wrex and Grunt arrived.

Wrex: “Hey, guys. What’s up?”

Grunt: “I heard that there were some fairies that came and fought some nasty monsters.”

Tali: “Well….sort of….”

Garrus: “They do look like fairies, but…..we’re not really sure….to be honest.”

Wrex: “Hold on, aren’t fairies supposed to be something out of fiction or something like that?”

Tali: “Well, we don’t know if they’re fairies or not, but they are, without a doubt, magical girls.”

Wrex: “Isn’t that the same as fairies?”

Tali: “It depends on their species. They could be magical beings or they could be ordinary girls given magical powers by actual magical beings.”

Grunt: “Where did you come up with ridiculous ideas like that?”

Tali: “From anime. I used to watch a lot of magical girl anime when I was younger.”

Ashley: “So did I.”

Tali: “Who knew that all those years of watching all those magical girl shows would really come in handy?”

Liara: “Yeah and I only watched them as a way of studying fantasies created by humans.”

Everyone stood by for a bit.

Javik: “So, care to explain to me what these “Moe Waifus” are or what either term even means?”

Everyone still stood silent for a brief period of time.

Javik: “Well, do any of you know what a “Moe” is or even a “Waifu” for that matter?”

Tali: “Um….well….both terms consist of a lot of fanfare and….it’s…a little embarrassing to talk about….to be honest…there is not really a clear answer as to what the term “Moe” even means. It associates a lot with young anime girls and….well…..to actually say that it involves a lot of fanfare would be a huge understatement…..”

Garrus: “It’s better that you didn’t know. Trust me, it’s….deranged. A lot of sexual attractions involved.”

Javik: “But aren’t these “Moe” anime girls or whatever you call them fictional?”

Garrus: “Like I said, deranged.”

Liara: “Yes, indeed.”

Javik: “Hmph! You primitives and your fantasies.”

Everyone in the room exchanged awkward glances with each other.

A little time in, they continued chatting some more. Soon enough, over an hour later, the girls were seen walking out towards them, having just woken up.

Ashley: “Well, look who’s finally up.”

Jewel let out a yawn.

Jewel: “Mornin’, everyone.”

Garrus: “You girls seemed to have bounced back awfully fast. You weren’t asleep for very long at all.”

Jewel: “Nope, it doesn’t take us too long to regain our strength.”

Ashley: “Great, so now that you girls are finally up, perhaps you can tell us what it is that you’ve been going through and what that entity is that you were fighting against.”

The girls sulked for a bit.

Jewel: “Yes….about that….well…”

Tali: “Wait, before we get into that, can you tell us what you girls are since you’re not familiar with the term “fairies”. What are you exactly?”

Jewel: “We’re Fayelons, mystic beings from another realm. We specialize in mystic abilities from energy that we can naturally generate from our bodies. As you have already seen from earlier, each of us can generate different kinds of magical abilities.”

Liara: “So, each of you are elementals?”

Flare: “That’s right. We have influences over different elements. Our powers are very typical where we’re from, but Jewel can generate a special kind of magical power.”

From there, Jewel was able to summon a jewel from her hand.

Jewel: “I’m known as a Gemma Kinetic. I can form jewels by solidifying the magical energy from my body. My jewels also have unique abilities based on whatever I wish. They can do so many amazing things.”

Ashley: “So, you girls wouldn’t mind introducing yourself, wouldn’t you?”

Jewel: “Not at all. I’m Jewel.”

Flare: “My name is Flare.”

Star: “I’m Star!!”

Aera: “I am Aera.”

Splash: “And I’m Splash.”

Liara: “It’s a pleasure to meet you girls.”

Star: “So, how about you guys? Perhaps you could tell us your names? We’ve already been introduced to Garrus, so how about the rest of you?”

Ashley: “I’m Ashley Williams.”

Liara: “I am Liara T'Soni.”

Tali: “I am Tali'Zorah vas Normandy.”

Jacob: “I’m Jacob Taylor.”

Miranda: “Miranda Lawson.”

EDI: “I’m EDI.”

Star: “Hm…..say, where is that other guy that was with you and what’s his name?”

EDI: “That would be Jeff Moreau.”

Liara: “We usually call him Joker.”

EDI: “He is the main pilot of this ship, the Normandy, so he is currently not here with us.”

Aera: “I see.”

Traynor: “I’m Samantha Traynor. It’s truly a pleasure to meet you.”

James: “I’m James Vega.”

Thane: “I am Thane Krios. It is indeed a pleasure to meet you girls.”

Wrex: “I’m Urdnot Wrex. Just Wrex for simplicity.”

Grunt: “And I’m Grunt. Urdnot Grunt, mind you.”

Javik: “I am Javik. Do not expect any civility from me as my impressions of you are barely noteworthy of such. You’re lucky that I would even decide to acknowledge you.”

Aera: “Well, aren’t you charming?”

Garrus: “So, are you girls going to tell us about the mess that you’re in?”

Jewel: “We will, but there is more that we would like to tell you about involving our kind.”

Ashley: “Is it relevant to what’s been happening to you girls?”

Jewel: “Very. For starters, our females, much like us, consist of a lot of magical energy, so we can use so many magical abilities. However, the male of our species produce much less magical energy. For a long time, they’ve had to learn how to do things without the use of magic. The females can also do things without magic, but some of us are so dependent on it that there isn’t even one thing that we would do without it. The men, however, always find a way to get by without magic. That dark haze that attacked us, that was conjured up by a male of our race.”

Liara: “Are you serious?”

Jewel nodded while sulking.

Jewel: “You see, a while back, he was a vigilante, a hero, who had always brought himself up as a protector of our realm.”

Star: “He was an incredibly brave, dashing hero. He could take on many hits and all with a brave face, never flinching even once.”

Splash: “He was wonderful in so many ways.”

Jewel: “Yeah, he was….however, one day, something went horribly wrong.”

Ashley: “What happened?”

Jewel: “He was fighting this terrible man who had been doing some unthinkable things to the younger of our kind. The vigilante made it his mission to hunt him down and bring him to justice and he tried but then….”

Jewel paused as she developed of more painful grimace.

Ashley: “What?”

Jewel: “He….he ended up killing him…by accident….it was….horrifying….”

James: “Whoa….that….that was…..”

Garrus: “You girls aren’t use to anything like that, are you?”

Jewel: “No, in fact, none of us would even think of doing that.”

Aera: “It was the worst thing we’ve ever seen. When it happened, he was mortified. He never wanted to take a life, not even once. It wasn’t what he intended to do, ever.”

Ashley: “In that kind of situation, it’s not so hard to understand how you would feel.”

Flare: “Unfortunately, it only got worse from there. He was hunting down another terrible man and was locked in combat. The battle ended with him taking that man’s life. However, instead of being mortified, he took it as something that he felt he needed to do in order to protect the innocent. From there, it was one bloodshed after another. He was never the same after that.”

Ashley: “So, he basically went around killing people left and right.”

Jewel: “Pretty much, every single bad guy or evildoer that he came across, he pretty much murdered all of them. There were some that even begged for their lives but….”

A much more painful look grew on her face. The crew knew that she didn’t need to finish her sentence to know what she was going to say.

Liara: “Oh, no….”

Splash: “Soon enough, people began seeing that he was becoming a cold-blooded mass-murderer.”

Star: “Some even pleaded to him to stop, but he would not comply….”

Aera: “Eventually, even the innocent weren’t spared from his ongoing killing spree.”

Miranda: “Oh, you poor girls….”

Javik: “Hm, a vigilante turned mass-murderer. Perhaps you girls are so uneventful, after all.”

Everyone looked at Javik and gave him angered looks.

Jewel: “This isn’t funny, you know!! Thousands of people have died!! You shouldn’t treat this as though it’s some form of morbid spectacle!!”

Ashley: “Don’t mind him, girls. He’s a psychopath.”

Aera: “Yeah, we figured as much.”

Jewel: “Well, regardless, we never want to hear anything like that from any of you ever again.”

Liara: “We understand. You won’t have that problem with me, I promise you that much.”

James: “So, how did you girls get mixed up in all of this?”

Jewel: “Well….some time afterwards, he somehow caught wind that there is a powerful magic source. Upon hearing that,he intended on seeking out and obtaining it.”

Thane: “Is there really such a thing as a powerful magical source?”

Splash: “Well, of course! All realms have a form of Ultimate massive magic energy.”

The crew stood by and looked confused.

Flare: “Apparently, this one doesn’t.”

Aera: “Why do I feel as though we’re talking about some overused trope?”

Star: “I don’t know, running out of ideas or something like that.”

Jewel: “Actually, we’re not sure about what it is….it’s more likely a rumor but we eventually found out that there has been someplace that contains something like that. We still don’t know what it could be, but whatever it is, it needs to be locked away and only a few magical keys can break that lock.”

Ashley: “Magical keys? You did mention something about that earlier.”

Jewel: “Yes, but he was able to find those keys and gather them at that very place with the intention of claiming it. Regardless of whether or not this magical source is just a rumor, we couldn’t risk having him obtain it, so before he had the chance to unlock it, we were able to find a way to arrive at where this place was. Then we took the keys and fled.”

Liara: “Oh, my gosh! How were you able to do that?”

The girls remained silent as they sulked.

Liara: “I imagine it’s not something you want to talk about.”

Jewel: “No….our reasons….they’re too personal….we just….can’t…”

Jewel remained quiet as she sulked. The crew members stared at the girls as they sulked. They seemed concerned for them. Ashley then walked up to Jewel and placed her hand on her shoulder.

Ashley: “It’s OK, you don’t need to tell us that right this minute, but perhaps you can when you are ready to.”

Jewel looked up at Ashley and smiled, she smiled back at her.

Garrus: “So, you girls were able to find these keys, retrieve them and you’ve been running ever since?”

Jewel: “Yes….we had to leave our homes and our families behind. It was the toughest decision we have ever made, but we had to in order to protect them and everyone else back home.”

Star: “And because we’ve taken the keys, that jerk’s been following us.”

Aera: “But it took us a while to figure out that as long as he remained focused on us, he couldn’t attack our families and homes because he could only focus his power on one or the other.”

Flare: “At this moment, he wants those keys more than anything.”

Splash: “So until we’re able to bring him down for good, we can’t ever go back home.”

James: “But hold on for a sec, you told us that your men can generate only a small amount of magic, right? Then how was he able to generate that dark haze and all of those monsters?”

Garrus: “Yes, I’ve been wondering that myself, too. Where did he get that ability to control…uh…Dark magic I believe you would call it?”

Jewel: “Yes, that’s right and….we don’t know how he was able to obtain that kind of power, but….you know what? Something about this doesn’t seem right.”

Flare: “Hm….yes….I have wondered that. Our males could never generate large amounts of magic, much less the massive amount that we’ve seen.”

Star: “Then how did he do it? Say….could….you don’t think….”

The girls exchanged looks with each other. It seemed as though they were thinking the same things and they knew it. Jewel seemed concerned.

Jewel: “I only hope that….well….it doesn’t matter, as long as….no, it’s fine. He won’t!”

Tali: “Is…everything OK, girls?”

Jewel: “Huh? Oh! Yeah! Of course! We were just thinking about…someone else. Don’t worry about it.”

Tali: “O……K?”

Jewel: “Anyway, we’re really sorry to drag all of you into this. We know that what we’re doing will put this entire galaxy in danger, but…we don’t have a lot of options. We can only keep running for so long. We have to stand our ground and fight if we hope to put an end to this.”

Liara: “We understand. Although I don’t know why you chose this place, we understand that you can’t keep running anymore and you need to find someplace where you have to stand your ground.”

Tali: “We’re just sorry that you had to leave your homes. I know what that’s like, believe me.”

Miranda: “We’ll do whatever we can to help you.”

Jewel: “Thank you….everyone. That means a lot….”

Star: “We at least owe it to you guys and everyone in this galaxy to become it’s new protectors. It’s not like avoiding this place would guarantee that it wouldn’t be in danger.”

Ashley: “Yes, we understand that. From what you’ve told us, this was inevitable.”

Splash: “We’ll give it our all as well as make the most of anything that you would do for us.”

Flare: “And we’ll undoubtedly do the same for you.”

Liara: “Sounds good.”

Star: “I mean, how could we not? Especially after the way that Garrus helped us out back at that bar. I swear, another minute more and I would have shoved my fist through that nasty bartender’s stomach and grinded his organs into a frothy pulp.”

Javik: “Oh, I like her. The one called Star has a lot of spunk.”

Everyone looked at Javik in a displeased manner.

Garrus: “So, what’s the first thing that you would like for us to do?”

The girls seemed concerned as they reached the backs of their heads.

Jewel: “Well….one thing that we need from you…”

There was a snapping noise as their arms slightly jerked from behind their heads. They then pulled out what appeared to be a triangular shaped objects.

Jewel: “These are part of the keys that we have taken.”

Jewel walked up to Garrus, she then reached for his hand and held it up as she placed the object into his palm and closedIt.

Jewel: “We would like for you to hide these away someplace where they can’t be found.”

She stepped back after she let go of him. Garrus looked at the object in his hand.

Jewel: “We will only be giving you half of each key. The rest of them stays with us.”

The other girls walked up to the other members of the crew and held them their parts of the keys. Flare stood before Wrex and Grunt.

Flare: “I can sense an aura within both of you that I find interesting. I feel as though I would grow quite fond of you both.”

She then handed her piece to Wrex.

Flare: “Please hide this someplace well.”

Wrex looked at the piece and then looked back at Flare. Star walked up to Javik then lifted his hand as she placed her piece into his palm and closed.

Star: “If you hide this someplace where it could be easily found, I’ll shove my hands into your rib cages and rearrange your organs while keeping you alive so that you could endure every second of the excruciating pain with the last pain that you will ever feel being me ripping out your spinal cord from your throat.”

Javik: “But of course. I could not disrespect one with such violent tendencies. I shall do as you please.”

Star: “Good! You better!”

Aera walked over to Tali and handed her piece to her. Splash did the same with Liara.

Aera: “We’re counting on you guys.”

Liara: “Do not worry, we will fulfill our promise to you.”

Garrus looked back down at the piece that was given to him by Jewel and stared at it for a bit. Miranda walked up to the girls.

Miranda: “We’ll talk about this in private. In the meantime, why don’t you go and see our physician just to see if you’re in good health. No doubt all that running around from one place to another really has taken a lot out of you.”

Jewel: “Good idea. We feel rested but we’re still a bit tired. We’ll need to be at our best if we hope to take on…the…”

She paused as she sulked. The crew still seemed concerned for them.

Liara: “And while you’re at it, maybe we can fix you up something to eat.”

Star: “Sounds good!! I’m starving!!”

Flare: “Same here.”

Aera: “Well, I suppose grabbing a bite to eat is a good idea.”

Splash: “Certainly! But no seafood, please. Seafood is an atrocity!”

Everyone looked at Splash in a somewhat disturbed manner.

Jewel: “It’s…a long story. We can talk about it some other time.”

Miranda: “Of course. We’ll see you after you girls have been checked by our doctor.”

They smiled and then walked off. The crew members stood by for a bit.

Shortly afterwards, they met within another room. There, they chatted a bit.

Ashley: “Alright, we need to figure out what it is that we’re going to be doing with these keys. Any ideas?”

Tali: “Those girls have entrusted us to hide them someplace where no one would ever find them. I wouldn’t want to let them down.”

Liara: “Neither would I. It was almost as though they were entrusting their homes and the lives of everyone who still live there to us. I feel as though we really have to do everything we can for them.”

Miranda: “So, any ideas on where we should hide away these keys?”

Garrus: “I say we should hide them in places that are very hard for anyone else to get to, but places that we, ourselves, know how to reach and really bury them so that no one else can see them.”

Tali: “Sounds good. But we’ll need to make sure that we can reach them whenever we need to so that we can retrieve them later, that way, it wouldn’t be too difficult for us to.”

Liara: “Sounds like a plan.”

Jacob: “But they shouldn’t be anything that’s too significant to any of us. We don’t want these hiding places to be too easy for anyone else to find.”

Garrus: “Oh, don’t worry about that. I have a place in mind that I know very well but doesn’t really mean anything to me too much.”

Wrex: “I also have a place in mind that’s like that. I know about it very well and it’s someplace that no one else would be crazy enough to find, especially a krogan.”

Grunt: “Heh, it’s perfect for hiding away something that we don’t want anyone to find.”

Liara: “But you guys do know how to retrieve it encase you need to, right?”

Wrex: “Don’t worry about that. We know a simple trick to doing that.”

Wrex and Grunt looked at each other and chuckled. They both indeed knew something that no one else does.

Tali: “Another thing that we must agree on is wherever we hide these keys, we must not reveal to each other where we’ve hidden them.”

Miranda: “That sounds like a great idea. The less that know about these hiding spots, the better it is for us to keep them hidden.”

Garrus: “So, we find these hiding spots, stash these keys away and keep these locations to ourselves. Does that sound like a plan that we can all get behind?”

Jacob: “I say it’s a plan that I can get behind.”

Miranda: “Of course.”

Liara: “Same here.”

Ashley: “Alright, so it’s settled. Let’s carry out this plan and let’s make sure that we pull this off without making any mistakes.”

Liara: “Yes, it really does seem that they’re depending on us to keep everything that they know safe. This is indeed a truly delicate predicament that they are entrusting us with.”

Garrus: “I think I have some understanding as to how they feel right now.”

Tali: “Yes, we all do.”

James: “Seems like they’ve only trusted a few of us with those keys.”

Tali: “Well, there are only 5 keys, so that would be expected.”

James: “Yeah, that’s true, but…well….there would be a limited amount of people to hand these keys to, I was just wondering….you know what? Nevermind.”

Tali: “Uh…..right….”

Ashley: “I would trust that you would also keep your word and hide the key that was given to you, Javik?”

Javik: “But of course. I will remain true to my word and stash this key away where no one else would find it and if they were, they would most likely get themselves killed just trying to reach it.”

Ashley: “You seem a little too enthusiastic about this.”

Javik: “Yes, I am indeed enthralled. How could I possibly disrespect the wishes from one as rambunctious as that exuberant Star?”

Liara: “Those girls feel as though they are responsible for what will happen to us because of that entity, but it seems that this was bound to happen sooner or later. If anything, we owe them for everything that they have done. They’ve made such a tremendous sacrifice.”

Ashley: “I agree. We need to do whatever we can to help them.”

Garrus continued to look at his friends for a bit then looked down at the piece of one of the magical keys that was given to him and stared at it for a few moments.

Episode 3-Accustoming

A little afterwards, Ashley arrived at the medical bay. There, she met with Dr. Chakwas as well as the girls.

Dr. Chakwas: “Ah, Lt. Commander. You’re just in time, I’ve just finished up with examining these girls.”
Ashley: “How do they look, Dr.? Do they seem to be faring well?”
Dr. Chakwas: “Well…..I don’t really know, to tell you the truth. I’ve been analyzing them and…the readings on them, I’ve never seen anything like it. They are nothing like what we have in our databases. They consist of some sort of….unusual energy contained within them. I don’t even know what to call it.”
Ashley: “We’ve already been told about that. These girls contain a unique source of energy within their bodies that they can naturally produce. The best way to label it would be…..magic.”
Dr. Chakwas: “Magic? You mean as in fantasy? I didn’t think that there would be such a thing.”
Ashley: “Neither did we, but my friends and I have witnessed firsthand what they’re capable of doing. There’s no doubt in my mind that they’re magical beings.”
Dr. Chakwas: “Magical beings? So….they’re fairies?”
Ashley: “Not exactly. They’re more so a race of magic wielders.”
Jewel: “We’re Fayelons. We’re from a far distant realm.”
Dr. Chakwas: “How far away are you from your….realm?”
Jewel: “Not sure, all we know is we’ve been traveling a lot before we wound up here. We’ve visited many realms, saw many worlds. We never kept track of how far we are from home, all we know is that we had to keep running as our homes, our families and many others depended on us to keep them safe.”
Ashley: “And from what you’ve already told us, that’s a given.”
Jewel: “Yes….”
Dr. Chakwas: “Well….I don’t know much about magic or mystic beings, however you call yourselves, but scans show that you have an abundance of this….magical energy contained within your bodies. I assume that’s a good thing.”
Jewel: “Yes, very, it’s normal for Fayelons our age to produce a plentiful amount of magical energy. It does do well with preserving our life-force, after all.”
Splash: “It’s also how we persisted as long as we did.”
Flare: “But it would only last so long before we really wear ourselves down.”
Dr. Chakwas: “Hm……I have no way of comprehending all of this, not by myself at least. I asked for a specialist who can understand this better than anyone. You know who it is I have in mind, don’t you?”
Ashley: “Yes….only one doctor is capable of understanding the bizarre more than anyone and….it’s a miracle that he’s still alive.”
Dr. Chakwas: “Yes, especially after what he’s been through. To say the nature behind his survival to be strange would be an understatement.”
Ashley: “And he’s not the only one who went through it.”
Dr. Chakwas: “True. Well, other than what I can’t comprehend, I can say that these girls are perfectly healthy, as far as….magical beings are.”
Star: “Yep, never better. We’ve tired ourselves out a lot, but we don’t stay down for long.”
Flare: “Indeed, we are more than capable of enduring, although, we can only last so long before we deplete our own natural energy. It was only a matter of time before we needed to settle down rather than retreating from one realm to another.”
Dr. Chakwas: “Realm? What are these realms that you’re talking about?”
Aera: “It’s what we call systems of stars and planets.”
Jewel: “We believe that it’s another name for galaxy.”
Dr. Chakwas: “I see. Well, in the meantime, I think these girls should have themselves something to eat. They’ve come a long way and who knows how long it has been since they’ve had a decent meal.”
Ashley: “We’ll get on that. You girls deserve to have a decent meal after everything that you’ve been through. Perhaps….you’ve dealt with far too much.”
Jewel: “Perhaps, but….we really didn’t have a choice.”
Ashley seemed concerned for them. She then walked up to them and got close.
Ashley: “So, how often did you have to move from one….realm to another?”
Jewel: “It depends on when we believed that our enemy would come for us. We usually leave just as soon as his entity was able to track us down.”
Ashley: “So, you depart before this entity arrive at wherever it is that he had found you?”
Jewel: “Yes, we have always remained cautious whenever we were to enter a new realm and when we were able to sense him out, we leave.”
Flare: “However, something did not seem right when he found us.”
Ashley: “How so?”
Star: “By the time he thinks he’s found us, we’re already long gone from the place, but this time….”
Aera: “This time, he was able to arrive just before we were able to even realize that.”
Ashley: “And how long does it usually take to find you?”
Jewel: “A few days…at the very least. We arrived at the Citadel at least an hour before he did. Even more troubling, we would usually sense him out before his arrival.”
Ashley: “So, you didn’t expect him to come when he did. Do you think he was able to track you down much faster than usual?”
Jewel: “I wouldn’t think so….if he did, then we wouldn’t have waited days for him to come.”
Ashley: “You think maybe he was trying to throw you girls off?”
Jewel: “No, he wants the keys back badly. He wouldn’t be so excessively patient. I don’t think he knew where we were days before he arrived.”
Star: “Yeah, there’s no way that he would just wait so long! He had to not know where we were and then went after us as soon as he found out where we were hiding.”
Aera: “It took less time for him to find us before he arrived each time we would arrive at another realm, but…..he never found us this fast.”
Splash: “Yeah, at the very least, we would stay within a realm for an entire day.”
Ashley: “So, how was he able to find you so quickly before you even realized it?”
Jewel: “We don’t know. My best guess is he may have discovered some way to find us within a very short period of time. Something is not right.”
Star: “Well, we’ll think about this while we’re eating. Let’s go, you guys! I’m starving!”
They made their way out of the medical bay.
As soon as they exited, they regrouped with the rest of the Normandy crew.
Miranda: “So, how did it go? Did the girls check out OK?”
Ashley: “As far as we can tell, they seem to be in good health. There’s a lot that Dr. Chakwas doesn’t understand, so she called in a specialist to better understand them; someone who is better capable of figuring out their physiology.”
The crew exchanged concerned looks almost as though they were saddened by something.
Jewel: “Are you guys….OK?”
Liara: “It’s….nothing. Don’t worry about it. Now then, shall we get something to eat?”
Jewel nodded once with a smile on her face and made their way to the mess-hall. There, they saw Gardner cooking. He turned around and noticed them right away.
Gardner: “Ah, hello there.”
Liara: “Hello again, Gardner. I…see you’ve been busy making all sorts of meals.”
Liara seemed nervous about something.
Gardner: “Damn straight. I hear that we have a few hungry girls in need of a decent meal. Didn’t know what they like, so I thought I would make a few special dishes. I’m sure that this should be more than enough for everyone to enjoy.”
Tali: “We appreciate that.”
Gardner then noticed the girls.
Gardner: “So, these must be the young girls that I’ve heard about.”
Ashley: “Yes, this is Jewel, Flare, Star, Aera and Splash.”
Jewel: “Hello.”
Gardner: “Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you. Why don’t you sit down? I just finished up a few of my dishes.”
He went over and picked up a large pot.
Gardner: “I’ve managed to finish up a batch of my special seafood gumbo.”
Aera: “Uh, oh.”
Gardner: “What’s wrong? Don’t you girls like seafood?”
Aera: “Um….one of us doesn’t, I mean really doesn’t.”
They looked over and noticed Splash as she was tensing up her body. She was also looking down.
Splash: “You………..you…!!”
She then looked up. Rage was clearly shown on her face.
Splash: “FISH KILLER!!!!”
Star: “Oh, no! She’s at it again!!!”
Splash then rushed towards Gardner in great rage. From there, she threw a temper tantrum that caused Gardner to drop the pot that he was holding and proceeded to throw everything all over the place. The crew members were greatly alarmed by this.
Miranda: “Someone please stop her!!”
Flare, Star and Aera rushed over to try and hold her back. She attempted to proceed going for Gardner, screaming like a raging lunatic. Jewel stood alongside the rest of the crew as they watched this take place.
Splash: “MY BRETHREN WILL DEVOUR YOU TILL YOU’RE NOTHING BUT BONES!!!”
Aera: “Jewel! Get it out now!!”
Jewel: “Uh! Right!”
A dark purple jewel emerged from her hand, she then rushed over and placed it on Splash’s chest near the collarbone. From there, Splash almost immediately calmed down.
Splash: “Night-night.”
She then fell into an almost sleep-like state. Her friends brought her over to a chair and placed her on it as she remained almost comatose-like.
Garrus: “Um….wow, she must really hate seafood.”
Jewel let out a sigh.
Jewel: “She thinks all forms of food made from aquatic life is an abomination; fish, crustaceans, shellfish, you name it. She would completely lose it almost instantly.”
Flare: “She has a tendency to be completely unstable over it.”
Tali: “Does this have something to do with her being an Aquamancer?”
Jewel: “Well….yes…and no….it’s….hard to explain, but….to put it one way….she believes that she’s….one of them. She sees all aquatic life as her kin.”
Garrus: “I….don’t think I understand.”
Aera: “Perhaps it’s better if you…didn’t know all the details. A lot of it is…complicated…and disturbing…”
Splash then let out a giggle as she remained in her comatose-like stand.
Splash: “Hello, my little fishy friends. Let me bask in the lovely ocean that we are all part of.”
Her friends became annoyed upon hearing this.
Liara: “What….is she going on about?”
Star let out a sigh.
Star: “It’s just Splash being Splash. She’s really into the ocean and such.”
Gardner walked up to them.
Gardner: “Dang, I had no idea she would be like that. I’m sorry about that, girls. I was just trying to do something nice.”
Flare: “Don’t worry about it. We should have warned you first hand.”
Gardner then looked over towards Liara.
Gardner: “Was this what you were trying to warn me about?”
Liara: “When, when we heard Splash calling seafood an atrocity, I had a feeling that she’s been suffering some sort of psychosis involving that. But when I mentioned seafood, you were already on your way to preparing the gumbo. Afterwards, I couldn’t say anything more.”
Gardner: “Well then, I guess seafood is off the menu from here on out for all of our sakes.”
Garrus: “So, how long do you plan to keep her like that?”
Jewel: “A few minutes should be enough to calm her down. She knows what she has to do after this.”
Flare: “This should be long enough. You can remove it now, Jewel.”
Jewel nodded once.
James: “Are you sure that’s a good idea? What if she goes back to throwing a temper tantrum and end up wrecking the entire mess-hall?”
Aera: “Don’t worry about that. We’ve done this to her many times before and she knows the routine when she comes out of this.”
Jewel removed the jewel from Splash’s chest. From there, she immediately reverted to being conscious.
Splash: “Oh! Fish friends! Wait up for me!! Huh? Since when did I return to dry land?”
Aera: “You never went into the ocean, at least not in real life.”
Star: “Did you enjoy another of your fish-filled fantasies after we sedated you again?”
Splash: “Ummm…..oh, right. Uh…….”
Splash let out a nervous chuckle as she rubbed the back of her head.
Ashley: “Well, now that you’ve managed to have that taken care of, someone will need to clean up the mess that was thrown all over the place.”
Gardner: “You should let me take care of that. I feel almost responsible. While I’m at it, perhaps I can make a gazpacho, instead.”
Star: “Gazpacho? What’s that?”
Gardner: “It’s a delicious cold vegetable soup. It’s an old recipe back where us humans come from and guaranteed to have no fish what-so-ever.”
Splash: “Sounds good to me. Anything that has no fish in it is OK in my book.”
Ashley: “Well, while we wait for that, perhaps I can take you girls to see the commander.”
The crew members became despondent a little afterwards. Jewel took notice of this.
Jewel: “Um….are you guys OK?”
Tali: “Well….you’ll know once you….see him….”
Jewel seemed confused but then proceeded to the elevator shaft with her friends and Ashley.
Ashley and the girls arrived within the Commander’s Private Quarters. Inside, they had a brief moment to look around.
Jewel: “What is this place?”
Ashley: “This is….the commander’s private quarters.”
Star: “So….why are we here?”
Ashley looked over to another area of the room. She seemed despondent.
Ashley: “This is where the commander is….”
The girls looked over and spotted him almost immediately. There he was. Commander Shepard was seen lying on his bed, basically motionless. He was comatose.
Jewel: “Is that….the commander?”
Ashley: “Yes….that’s Commander Shepard…our….chief….”
They stared at him for a bit, they seemed spellbound as they looked at him.
Jewel: “Is he…is he….what is…why is he just….lying there….motionless….?”
Ashley: “He’s comatose at the moment….he’s been like that since….well….he….”
Ashley couldn’t bring up any more words as she continued staring at him, still despondent. The girls also stood and stared for a bit without saying anything. Jewel looked towards Ashley as she could tell that he someone very special to her.
Jewel: “He must be…a special person to you….”
Ashley: “Yes….he is….to all of us…Shepard is…”
She continued staring at him for a bit.
Ashley: “He is more than just our commander and chief. He is a friend and one that we would risk our lives for no matter the cost.”
Splash: “Is he really that special of a person?”
Ashley: “Yes….he is…”
Flare: “Hm….I can sense a strong aura within him. It is that which I can sense within a few people. I can indeed sense that he is truly a unique person.”
Ashley nodded as she still stood by. The girls approached him and surrounded him. A few of them sat down on his bed while the rest stood near him. They stared at him for a bit without saying anything.
Jewel: “How did….what happened to him? Why is he in a coma?”
Ashley: “Shepard risked his life to save the galaxy. It was….intense…”
Jewel: “Can you tell us what’s been happening here?”
Ashley: “The galaxy was under attack by a race of mysterious robots. They were committing mass genocide throughout the entire galaxy. He brought all of us together to take them down and save everyone but it was he who made the ultimate sacrifice. At first, we thought that he died, but then we found him like this; barely alive. We brought him back here and we’ve been keeping an eye on him ever since.”
Aera: “That sounds really intense. You guys must have been through a lot.”
Ashley: “Yeah, we have. So many of us who survived the ordeal really owe him our lives. We would have all been dead if not for him. This is the least we can do for him.”
Star: “Do you think he’ll ever wake up?”
Ashley: “I….I believe he will eventually.”
Aera: “What makes you so sure about that?”
Ashley: “I…I don’t know, I just….I just believe that he will….somehow, I don’t really know how to explain it.”
Star: “Well…I can understand that, I would like to think of this as wishful thinking but he really does mean a lot to you guys. I also hope that he wakes up.”
Ashley: “Yeah, I can understand that you would call this wishful thinking, but…I don’t know how or why, but I…we all have this feeling that he will come out of this!! I just….can’t explain it.”
Star: “Hey, calm down, we’re not questioning your judgment or…whatever it is that makes you believe that he will come to. We believe you, you don’t have to understand what it is that makes you think that way.”
Ashley stood by, still despondent.
Jewel: “Is there….something else that you would like to talk about involving him? Something personal involving the 2 of you?”
Star: “Were you…in love with him?”
Ashley: “Um….not really….let’s just say…I owe him big time for….how I was…towards him…”
Aera: “Not something you want to talk about?”
Ashley: “Well….um….”
Splash: “Don’t worry about it. You don’t have to say anything to us, not right now at least.”
Ashley nodded a little, still despondent.
Ashley: “Thank you….I felt that what I did to him a while back…was awful. I’m just glad that….he still thinks of me as a friend…and someone he can trust…I deserve much less than that.”
Splash: “We’re so glad that we have this chance to meet him, or at least see him. I really hope that he wakes up sooner or later.”
Star: “So do I. I would actually love to meet him. He sounds amazing.”
Ashley: “Yes, he is. Shall we go back with the others?”
Star: “Sure, I hope dinner’s ready. I’m starving!”
The girls walked back towards Ashley. Jewel, however, stayed behind for a bit. Another jewel formed in her hand, then she placed it into the commander’s hand and closed it. She stared at him for a bit with a petite smile on her face. Just then, she heard what sounded like one of her friends squealing.
Aera: “That tiny creature in that container is soooo cute!!!”
She looked over and spotted Aera getting all gushy about the hamster within the container near the commander’s desk.
Ashley: “That would be the commander’s space hamster.”
Aera: “Oh, my goodness!! It is the cutest little creature I have ever seen!! Can I have it!?! Please!?!”
Ashley: “Um, sorry, no, that belongs to the commander.”
Aera: “Oh…! Well….OK….I understand.”
Ashley: “Come on, let’s get…”
She then looked over and spotted Splash as she was staring into the fish tank nearby.
Splash: “Wow, look at all these fish! Hello there, little fishy friends.”
Ashley: “You’ve got to be kidding me.”
Flare: “She would just stand there and stare at them for hours. She never tires of it.”
Ashley: “I….figured as much. Well, we should get back to the crew’s quarters. Gardner should be finished with that gazpacho by now.”
She walked out along with the girls, but Splash still stayed behind to stare at the fish tank. Star returned, grabbed her and pulled her back.
Star: “Come on, Splash. We’ll stare at the fishies some other time.”
Jewel stopped to look back at the commander for a bit as he was still clutching onto the jewel that she gave him, then turned back around to leave with the others.