Mod to let you be way of the open palm and closed fist at the same time

Jaz007

In Mass Effect, you fill up your paragon and renegade meters at the same time. How hard would it be to mod Jade Empire to do the same? I'm willing to mod it myself, but since I've never looked at the games files or have done many mod (though I am a programmer), I don't know how feasible or hard/simple this would be. I'm willing to spend a bit of time on this, but not an eternity. I always hated how these games punished you for considering each situation on a case by case basis, and would love to fix that for myself and others.

Well, way of open palm and closed fist are opposite polar. If You get open palm point, it also mean you loose closed fist point, as both 's determined by single function

//!125
// Get an integer between 0 and 255 (inclusive) to represent oCreature's
// Good/Evil alignment
// (255=good, 127=Neutral, 0=evil)
// * Return value if oCreature is not the player creature: -1
int GetGoodEvilValue(object oCreature);

It's possible to set two global variables to replace the function and then both variables will serve different path, and having their own point and progress, but to do this, you should modify every alignment checks and rewards the game does from the beginning to the end by recompiling all NCS that do the things. I did it for my mods, as I want to change the way alignment bonus and penalty to particular styles like stone immortal. (Native game applies style upgrade that add/subtract style damage every alignment change and I don't like it as it will make false style level measurement)

So does your mods already do that, or does it provide a foundation/example to work of off to do that? I took a look at the mods you have uploaded and didn't see any mention of the karma system in the game. And thanks for the reply!

Edited by Jaz007

No, my mods did not touch the alignment system, but if you want to implement new alignment system, you will have to go the same route as I did before, decompiling hundreds of NCS to NSS files, edit them according to the new alignment system and compiling them back. Unfortunately when I did it, I didnt realize the importance to keep the NSS files before I edit them. I could pass you my NSS files, but of course there will be some modifications of them won't fit your need. I changed the way the game penalizes or gives damage bonus to stone immortal and hidden fist styles according to player's alignment, so I need to recompile all NCS files that do alignment rewards the game should give, and that's exactly the same NCS you need to recompile, even you should recompile the NCS files that check the alignment to, like the ones found on the dialogs, or activating/progressing some quest that depend on alignment.