Changing the "Get more mods" button and ribbon

Deagroth
Go to solution Solved by Tannin42,

Is there a way to disable / remove, or move the "Get more mods" button and it's transparent ribbon?

If there isn't, I would like to suggest putting that button under "Mods" and "Collections" on the side panel as it currently just gets in the way when trying to use the full window to manage the mod list.

Primarily because it is not click through and then also because the button itself will cover whatever column's information ends up behind it unless you scroll to the very bottom of your mod list.

Just adding, this is a really annoying addition, mostly because it covers up mods in the list. If It was a solid bar it would be fine, even if it reduced the total amount of screen space, but the visual clutter of transparency of the get more mods over top of my mod list is really stupid. Please add a way to remove this/make the button solid.

Guest deleted34304850

At present you'll need to create a custom theme to hide it (or restore the old behaviour).

any guidance on what to change?

Where was the demand for this addition. It never occured to me that I would love to have a transparent ribbon that blocks my view of some of my mods. To add to that, I would think it a great idea to make it so that I have to go out of my way to change what I already have to get rid of this new item that I never asked for nor even occurred to me that I would even want. Honestly, the biggest issue you guys have is that there is such a desire to get your own personal fingerprint on this, that you are willing to add worthless and annoying things just so you can say, hey I did that.

Honestly, I have just trucked along update after update without never saying a thing, but now I am beyond upset with the latest changes. I have red exclamations marks all down my mod list several of my mods I got from Nexus are no longer seen and I had to remove them and download them again. STOP trying to be that guy who wants to be recognized for having contributed. If it is not broke, quick trying to fix it.

I am now having all guys of mod recognition issues and a game that worked fine before the update can not load. Just to get to menu screen to get past the perpetual loading cycle I had to disable every mod that had to deal with beyond the reach and bruma. Honestly! I just got those function last week after days of trial and error mod experimentation. You guys do an update and I am back to zero. Can you give me my time back?????!!!!!

Here is a GitHub link that should be more resilient in case nexus hates my change. Glaceon575/VortexNoGetMoreModsBox: No more stupid box (github.com)

I appreciate the assist but when I click the manual edit I am forced to download an app. I downloaded the app and when opened, there is nothing there to edit. The problem is that these people working on vortex want to justify their existence so they add stuff nobody wanted, so they can say they did that. It is a self-centered attitude that has no regard for the problems they cause for others. Nor do they respect the time the steal from users that now have to figure out how to work around the crap they pushed on them.

I have been pushing off switching mod organizers from the initial launch of Vortex. I spent time getting used to vortex and working through their initial growing pains, but they keep dog piling on. I am at my breaking point with them. I am the last of my friends that still use vortex. If I can not fix the problems they caused me by the end of next week, I am leaving vortex.

Honestly, between skyrim and now vortex, I spend more time trying to get the game working than actually playing.