Would it be fine to import Fallout NV assets into Fallout 3?

QuentinVance

Hey all, easy question.

I'm playing around with the mod I'm working on, and I was thinking that some assets from New Vegas would make some environments look a bit better, and some weapons could be fine variants for others (the Lil Devil being a good variant for the 10mm pistol, with the same stats, for example). Importing these assets is relatively easy, so I gave it a go and it works like a charm.

Before proceding though, I'd like to make sure this is allowed. I know some companies don't allow mods that join two games in one for example, but is it the case for single assets that work as simple visual replacements/additions? If so, I can easily remove these files before I share my mod. Otherwise, I will keep going. I don't plan on a full conversion, I was thinking about just a few single items (although I don't think quantity really matters much)

No, you cannot port assets between Bethesda games and upload them here for download. It is against the Bethesda license agreement and Nexus site policies. However, what you do in your game is no-ones business but your own.