• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Cullenite

Cullenite

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Already posted this in the Origins-forum, but I get no replies. So I'm trying here as well, since the editor is for both games.

Whenever I try to open the editor, I get this error-message in the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "editor.pyw", line 1688, in <module>
  File "editor.pyw", line 1669, in _process_cli
  File "editor.pyw", line 647, in __init__
  File "editor.pyw", line 242, in __init__
  File "editor.pyw", line 180, in __init__
  File "wx\lib\mixins\treemixin.pyc", line 287, in __init__
  File "wx\gizmos.pyc", line 467, in __init__
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "wxAssertFailure" failed at ..\..\src\msw\fontutil.cpp(189) in wxGetFontEncFromCharSet(): unexpected Win32 charset

The daosavegame.exe works perfectly fine, but not the editor. My new PC came out just last year, so maybe the issue is that my computer is too new? But that would cause trouble with the savegame too, right?
Anyway, anyone having the same issue and/or have a solution?
I also can't use the erfextractor. Nothing happens.

olnorton

olnorton

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Not much help I know, but erfextractor is not a stand alone app

It is called up by the main editor.exe, when you use that to export the contents of a .erf file.

On to your font problem, do you have any other language packs installed, besides english?

I know WryeBash used to give you that exact message if you had say, a Japanese mod installed, because it didn't recognize the fonts.

Also have you tried using the gff editor that comes with the toolset?

It won't work on DA2 saves, but you might be able to do what you want to origin saves with it.

Cullenite

Cullenite

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Not much help I know, but erfextractor is not a stand alone app

It is called up by the main editor.exe, when you use that to export the contents of a .erf file.

On to your font problem, do you have any other language packs installed, besides english?

I know WryeBash used to give you that exact message if you had say, a Japanese mod installed, because it didn't recognize the fonts.

Also have you tried using the gff editor that comes with the toolset?

It won't work on DA2 saves, but you might be able to do what you want to origin saves with it.

Ah ok

Only Swedish, as it is my main language. But for mod-reasons, I have english as the main one. And I can't install the toolset, the database-thingy is driving me too insane :P

olnorton

olnorton

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

My new PC came out just last year, so maybe the issue is that my computer is too new?

No, this is not the issue.
I just installed the editor on my windows 11 laptop that has very little installed besides the operating system, and the editor works.

Only Swedish, as it is my main language. But for mod-reasons, I have english as the main one.

Well that turned out to be a red herring.
I installed the Swedish language pack and I can still run the editor.

I can't install the toolset, the database-thingy is driving me too insane :tongue:

If you try to install the toolset, even if you can't get it working, it will install gffeditor.exe in your Dragon Age Origins > tools folder.
The editor doesn't need the toolset to be working, it's a stand alone program.
You might at least be able to edit your player character or saved games, until you find a real solution.
I'll butt out now, good luck.

Edited by olnorton, 01 March 2022 - 05:25 AM.

Cullenite

Cullenite

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

My new PC came out just last year, so maybe the issue is that my computer is too new?

No, this is not the issue.
I just installed the editor on my windows 11 laptop that has very little installed besides the operating system, and the editor works.

Only Swedish, as it is my main language. But for mod-reasons, I have english as the main one.

Well that turned out to be a red herring.
I installed the Swedish language pack and I can still run the editor.

I can't install the toolset, the database-thingy is driving me too insane :tongue:

If you try to install the toolset, even if you can't get it working, it will install gffeditor.exe in your Dragon Age Origins > tools folder.
The editor doesn't need the toolset to be working, it's a stand alone program.
You might at least be able to edit your player character or saved games, until you find a real solution.
I'll butt out now, good luck.

that made it work, thank you!!!

olnorton

olnorton

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

that made it work, thank you!!!

Glad to hear your making progress.
You should apply the 4 GIG patch https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371 to GffEditor.exe.
That program is particularly wasteful with virtual memory and hangs or crashes when it runs out.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.887 seconds