239 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443,889 posts
High Crowd Density Optimization

A simple crowd density mod that has no performance drop overtime like the medium and low settings. But also has less Npc's and Traffic then stock High settings for big time performance improvements. Created using Wolvenkit.

RickThedope

RickThedope

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
Hmm, clever little mod eh? lets see if this works first and when it does I shall grant you with an endorsement and a kudos as this has been one of the biggest problems with Cyberpunk even on my 12900k monster and an RTX 3090 which shits itself on regular basis especially in Chinatown area and does not recover normal fps at all even in new areas until i am forced to reload the save.
It has thought to be some kind of a memory leak but having 32g of ram I always doubted it, perhaps this was always the problem.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by RickThedope, 27 February 2022 - 01:19 AM.

LovableGoat

LovableGoat

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 20 posts
Seeing as you're someone who's messing around with crowd density, can you tell me if it's possible to raise crowd density to higher values than the game allows through an ini file? I don't know really anything about real modding, but have no problems with ini files. just don't know if it's possible or which file if it is. My computer is capable of more than the game limits it to, and was just wanting to push it as far as I can. Can't stand how empty the streets are.  

This mod looks really good for what it does, though. 

Skater6453

Skater6453

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
In response to post #106260323.

Spoiler

I hope this does in fact do the trick for you as I have always been having the exact same issue on all kinds of hardware myself. I would think it was a memory leak also cause seems alot like one. But after messing around with these settings it seems like one value in one csv file seems to cause an issue when set to a 3 decimal value instead of 2. Its the Overall on foot crowd density setting default on high is 0.035 but when I set it too 0.03 it stopped ever losing fps again except maybe one or two. And the more I started adjusting other things it started actually going up. So idk if its an engine thing or what but seems to be linked to something with that one setting. Default Medium is also 3 decimal its .025 and low is .015. it might be possible to optimize those as well but havent tried it out yet.

Edited by Skater6453, 27 February 2022 - 01:49 AM.

Skater6453

Skater6453

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
In response to post #106260993.

Spoiler

I am not completely aware of all the ini options but I dont think you can adjust actual programmed in game presets with any of the ini files. Thats what my mod does is change the in game presets and actual spawning values. Through ini I think you can adjust mostly things like how many things are in a certain distance from each other and levels of detail and resolution and some AI behavior and stuff like that. There is an awesome mod that was really useful a while ago called Alternate Crowd Behavior. Search up that mod and it has a bunch of ini files with pretty much all known npc and vehicle and streaming ini options in them so you can check those out and see what you can do with them if you wish. In the future as I mess with this more I could see how much I could absolutely push the values for population and it still be a good playable experience. But for now im happy on how its running without too many compromises.  And thank you for the kind words

Edited by Skater6453, 27 February 2022 - 02:07 AM.

johnny115115

johnny115115

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Will be testing with my i7 11700KF, asus tuf 3080ti, and corsair vengence 32 gb 3200mhz will edit with result if I notice a general smoothness around the map.

BlackSunIT

BlackSunIT

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
i'll try this mod to test it...  =)

anyway this other mod in its "high density for benchmark" version did an amazing job about draw distance: https://www.nexusmod.../3715?tab=posts

can you reply the same value? draw distance was perfect for me... but density was too much and unplayable (although amazing, believable and impressive for screenshots)

thank you for you time and dedication!!!

RickThedope

RickThedope

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
In response to post #106262573.

Spoiler

Yeah that one causes a large drop in overall FPS and that is not what most people want for immersion.

Edited by RickThedope, 27 February 2022 - 02:39 AM.

DerrickC

DerrickC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi Skater, thank you for your hard work! Going to try this out!

With update 1.5, I ran into this issue with NPC bodies flickering and T-posing, mostly with interior spaces like Lizzie's Bar or Empathy. As I approach those NPCs again, they return to normal. If I step back a certain distance, they start flickering again. First noticed it when I was speaking with Jackie at Lizzie's Bar for the Corpo opening, during the conversation that takes place right before the montage. Jumping into and out of photo mode also triggered it. It continues to happen with a fresh install as well. If I turn down Crowd Density to Low, it appears to prevent or reduce it. No idea what's going on, but I thought I'd mention it just in case someone else ran into this issue as well or happens to know more about it.

Edited by DerrickC, 27 February 2022 - 02:48 AM.

Skater6453

Skater6453

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
In response to post #106262478.

Spoiler

Looking forward to the results.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.993 seconds