High Crowd Density Optimization

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

And0riel

And0riel

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 314 posts
In response to post #114997933. #115869753 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Care to explain what your optional graphics tweak ini file changes compared to RT Ultra on patch 1.6?

With your ini file my low fps improve from 56-57 to 59-60 fps, but I cannot really tell what exactly visually changes in my game with your file installed. If your file supposedly improved the visual quality of the game, how come it also seems to provide better performance? This does not make sense to me at all.

Edited by And0riel, 06 October 2022 - 10:30 PM.

And0riel

And0riel

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 314 posts
In response to post #114997933. #115869753, #115949798 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Well, it makes sense that the optimization seems to improve graphics, but depending on the scene there is actually a MASSIVE cost.

I am on a 3080 Ti and my frames drop from 57-60 to 32-45 in Lizzie's Bar when using the optional ini file. Cannot recommend these tweaks since it remains opaque what exactly was changed/ optimized and it seems there are some really harsh frame drops introduced by these tweaks.

hyper171

hyper171

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
i have rtx 3080 TI but still struggling with lag...this game

Durpledore

Durpledore

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 65 posts
idk if this applies to this mod but a modder noticed this:

Something to keep note of is that apparently the game only reads a part of an .ini file and skips to the next .ini.

As discovered here  in a sticky post; https://www.nexusmod.../5341?tab=posts

Might be like 20-40lines at most before it skips to the next .ini by my prediction.
Still something that needs to be tested.

yadilloH

yadilloH

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
In response to post #116406913.

Spoiler

in terms of the main file this mod doesn't use .ini, it uses .csv. - so no issues there
Specifically; crowd_presets.csv, crowd_settings.csv, population_preload_console.csv, population_preload_console_pro.csv, and population_settings.csv.

As for the optional files which do contain .ini this also wouldn't be an issue, they were already categorized correctly but I would suggest against using them anyways.

Edited by yadilloH, 17 October 2022 - 11:53 PM.

yadilloH

yadilloH

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
If you are trying to decide whether to use this mod.

I didn't see a direct gain in fps. Even better though imo when I look around in crowded areas I seem to gain higher %1 frame values making it feel much smoother and stable in comparison to vanilla where it would hitch/stutter with lower %1 frame values. I walked around the same crowded route before and after over 6 times - I got the same results. Along with the other benefits of improved density for cars, crowds etc this mod provides without a loss in framerate it makes it a must use for me still. but your results and experience may vary on your system.

For optional files I would stay away from them both -
The graphics optimizations .ini file will lower your frames.
Crowd streaming .ini file is not going to make a difference anymore as of 1.6

Edited by yadilloH, 18 October 2022 - 01:20 AM.

tduality

tduality

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
In response to post #116434648.

Spoiler

I have unpacked the archive. This mod is outdated. The game files have changed.

Edited by tduality, 17 October 2022 - 03:22 PM.

yadilloH

yadilloH

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
In response to post #116434648. #116448108 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

base/gameplay/community is still the used path for 1.6, as well as the 5 used .csv files and the data paths/category's within. Both the game files and the mod are using the same file names and paths to those files in that regard. As for whats within them, again nothing to prevent this mod from working, technically outdated? Sure. Enough to update this? No. But if i missed something, please elaborate more on it.

Edited by yadilloH, 20 October 2022 - 03:02 AM.

PressurePlate

PressurePlate

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
Add me to the list of satisfied freeloaders.

Totally fixed the constant micro stutters on my 8700k/3090 system using this mod plus this one: https://www.nexusmod...?tab=posts&BH=1

Nice to finally have a smooth Cyberpunk experience. Great work, choom.

Cheers!

And0riel

And0riel

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 314 posts
In response to post #116434648. #116448108, #116462198 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Can you help me understand why the optional graphics .ini file sets EnableAmbientOcclusion and EnableDiffuseIllumination as well as shadows to "False" under the [Raytracing] category? Does this mean the ini file automatically disables raytraced shadows, AO and illumination?

I really do not comprehend why the ini file would even touch these settings and then set them to false.

Edited by And0riel, 25 October 2022 - 10:36 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.188 seconds