Vortex COMPLETELY MESSING UP MOD FILES when installing Cyberpunk 2077 mods after 1.5.5

wellgabrielss
Go to solution Solved by wellgabrielss,

So, yesterday (Feb 26th) I was updating my mod list and went to re-download and re-install CET (Cyber Engine Tweaks). After installing the new version of the mod (without enabling it) I went on to check the extracted files and saw that, instead of this...

...the installed folder contained ONLY the "global.ini" file and also in a completely different folder path: "engine\config\platform\pc\global.ini". Weird, because the actual downloaded .zip contains the correct files presented on the mod page.

After some testing, I found out some more issues:

• The exact same thing was happening to the mod "redscript";
  • The mod "Better Hair" whose only file is in the root folder, also gained the path ""engine\config\platform\pc\..."
  • The mod "Wall Hang"'s folder structure was completely altered
  • The mod "Limited HUD" missed one of the subfolders ("LHUD" folder) in the middle of the path
  • For some mods, Vortex is showing this error:

• A few mods remained correct

To summarize, all sorts of craziness. I tried everything on my side:

• Removed/deleted all my mods
  • Stopped managing Cyberpunk 2077 + deleted profiles
  • Uninstalled Vortex
  • Deleted the system/user folders that it creates (e.g. Roaming, App Data...)
  • Deleted all registries associated with Vortex
  • Reinstalled Vortex

And the issue continues... I don't know wether it's a bug after 1.5.5 or if I f*cked it up somehow. In the last case, I'd like some help.

I don't think it is you. I have been having the same problem. I also notice that many people are commenting to the mod maker that they are getting this error and thinking it is the mod, but it seems to be too many mods to be the actual mod maker's issue. Watching this thread for any answers.

• Solution

Hi guys, I kinda dropped this post here and vanished I know, but just to inform that I'm no longer experiencing any issue. I believe Vortex received an update that fixed them, as mentioned above.

Thanks everyone. <3