Is Fallout 4 dead and forgotten?

Bonecrusher6621

It seems like Fallout 4 is dead and forgotten about and so is the Creation Kit especially for Xbox. It would be nice to actually see more weapons armor and more useful stuff especially from fallout 76 I have always been a fan of the Japanese Anime series and films Kerberos and Jin Roh and always thought it would be cool to actually see a Kerberos Creation from the Creation Club complex with the MG-42/MG34and other neat stuff and of course the Excavator Power Armor too.

fo4 forgotten ? best joke i've ever heard. there is not even a handful of games that reach the number of mods existing for fo4. maybe we see a reasonable break due to the putin aggression against another nation changing the world from one day to the next. i think this has higher priority than fo4 or any other game even if some people do not care.

fo4 forgotten ? best joke i've ever heard. there is not even a handful of games that reach the number of mods existing for fo4. maybe we see a reasonable break due to the putin aggression against another nation changing the world from one day to the next. i think this has higher priority than fo4 or any other game even if some people do not care.

I don't think Putin, or the events in Ukraine really have anything to do with it. It appears that the OP plays on xbox though, and beth has done some major shuffling on their site, which makes it FAR less appealing to modders to upload there. I suspect THAT is the biggest problem.

and i don't think this topic title says anything about xbox specific problems. glad (hey)you know better as always! thanks.

the author so far just mentions creation kit especially for xbox. so generally the topic title - clearly omitting the word "xbox" - just looks weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgotten?? Fallout 4 is one of the strongest stables! Even just going by steam spyware data, in the past 30 days Fallout 4 averaged over 16,000 players per day - more than twice that of the 7,000 per day on Fallout 76. However, that massively understates Fallout 4 because Fallout 76 cannot be played offline. Fallout 4 is still fresh and being expanded (eg Sim Settlement editions) and looking forward to some more juicy big DLC-sized mods (eg Fallout London) - even Fallout 3 and New Vegas are still going strong (for example Frontier, and this month's Tale of Two Wastelands v3.3 update). And there are literally many thousands of mods. If the flow slows down it's largely because of diminishing returns, things having already been done and no need to keep reinventing the wheel of earlier good mods.

You are clearly living in a youngster's console world where every game is played to death as soon as it comes out, soon seems boring with mayfly attention spans - and 5 years must seem like half a lifetime (and may be literally so). But as a PC player I play many older games, some (eg, Combat Mission Beyond Overlord, and Red Baron 3D) are Windows 98 games from nearly 25yrs ago. And I can assure you several young upstart Windows XP era games are not forgotten. I was so busy I only came to the original Fallouts in 2018, finally reaching Fallout 4 this past winter. And other games I play (eg Total War series) also have long-lived modding and overhaul activity...

Even if you aren't a youngster (i.e. under 40), your problem sounds entirely based on the console experience. Consoles are aimed mainly at children and casual family gaming, and of the fashionable here-and-now. PC gaming is nothing like that - it's far wider, far deeper, and frankly far more mature.

Edited by streetyson

A real world data based observation on CURRENT Fallout 4 platform activity:

The top 20 of my SKK brand mods for Fallout 4 currently log over 14 times the views (Bethesda:Xbox 1.3 million vs Nexus:PC 90 thousand) and nearly treble the unique downloads (Bethesda:Xbox 55,000 vs Nexus:PC 20,000) per month for Xbox over PC.

Yes Xbox does a lot more looking than downloading, but the activity numbers are all just so much bigger.

Not so dead after all, eh ?

ps my hobby is not actually MAKING mods, its tracking the audience stats for them ;)

A real world data based observation on CURRENT Fallout 4 platform activity:

The top 20 of my SKK brand mods for Fallout 4 currently log over 14 times the views (Bethesda:Xbox 1.3 million vs Nexus:PC 90 thousand) and nearly treble the unique downloads (Bethesda:Xbox 55,000 vs Nexus:PC 20,000) per month for Xbox over PC.

Yes Xbox does a lot more looking than downloading, but the activity numbers are all just so much bigger.

Not so dead after all, eh ?

ps my hobby is not actually MAKING mods, its tracking the audience stats for them :wink:

Have you written a script to track that for you? :D