Allow User to Add Tools to the Sidebar

SwissxPiplup

Hi there,

I've been using Vortex ever since it came out, and although I don't personally have a major problem with jumping to the dashboard to run the various tools required after changes, additions, or removals, it would be wonderful if these tools could be placed on the sidebar on the left just under the "Mods" category; this will allow easier access to the tools the user may need without having to change tabs; as small as that task may be, changing two clicks down to one is still an improvement in my books.

The reason I believe it should be user-defined is because the user may have elected not to have installed some of the tools, or may have them but simply don't make use of them, for example: personally, I don't have SSEEdit, or Wrye Bash, and although Skyrim Script Extender 64 is included as a tool, I wouldn't need it in the sidebar, I mostly use FNIS, Bodyside, and LOOT, so those are what I would select to be there, but if it's user-defined, then it doesn't matter what I use, the user themselves will be able to add the tools they believe they need.

This setting can be added to the settings menu under interface, but may also work as an option in the overflow/dropdown menu (3 vertical dots) on the tools themselves, simply select the menu and select the new option (Add to sidebar); if no tools are currently in the sidebar, the category will be created to house the tool, and if there is already a tool there, the newest one added will be placed below the previous.

Just to clarify, this is not the same as the automation options, this still grants the user the ability to manually trigger the tools, just in less clicks.

Cheers!

I can never find it when I want to, but I know there was an extension floating around which adds tool shortcuts to the space at the top of the app.

That actually sounds really useful, I've done a few searches but haven't come up with anything like it yet, hopefully I can find it.

Just installed it. Should be very useful. I did notice that it did not pick up all the icons for each tool. Some used the default. ".exe" icon, making it harder to differentiate at a glance. An example would be FNIS.. Instead of its characteristic "F" icon, it show the default ".exe" one.