• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

HollownessDevoured

HollownessDevoured

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

I am at the Creating the UTC template file step but my class isn't on the dropdown (but I swear my last attempt it was (before I realize I edited a file that was suppose to be duplicated instead and had to delete all toolset files and mods and uninstall toolset to fix my broken game)), so I must have done or not done something, I am have gone through my steps a couple times now and just not sure what's the trouble or the fix needed. 

I get errors when exporting:

E: 14:54:17 - sys_chargen_h.nss - sys_chargen_h.nss(332): Variable defined without type (while compiling plt_gen00pt_backgrounds.nss)

Which is when editing/exporting this step. 

Any insight would be appreciated.

HollownessDevoured

HollownessDevoured

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Ok I decided instead of creating a class, I'd just add spells that are actually rogue talents to the mage class.

I decided to try yet again and well I have the spells in my spell book but they do not have names and don't do anything. I assume I need the scripts but since they were modeled off actual rogue talents I was hoping it would pull up the talent/ability info automatically. And I am not sure where to find or how to make the corresponding scripts or what files to modify.

It is 3 passives and 1 sustained but nothing works, except maybe the sustained penalty...

Any thoughts?

edit: got the names in.

Attached Files

Edited by HollownessDevoured, 05 March 2022 - 06:38 PM.

HollownessDevoured

HollownessDevoured

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Didn't think I'd get there X / but with some help from a mod that the author allows their source to be used with credit (rebel5555). I managed it! I even added sword and shield and two handed options. Now my mages can specialize in whatever weapon they want and play as an Arcane Warrior-like before level 7 XD

5eXFnee.jpg

edit: well almost there, all the sustained talents don't work, but is seems the passives are fine.

Edited by HollownessDevoured, 06 March 2022 - 12:07 AM.

KookSpookem

KookSpookem

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 81 posts

Hey, I'm wondering if you have any ideas on how to get Creature abilities as talents? Particularly, I want to use the Revenant abilities (Pull, Mass Pull, Double Strike, and Aura of Weakness) as a specialization for Warriors. I've seen youtube videos of older mods that have done it, so I know it's possible. Just having a hard time figuring it out. 

HollownessDevoured

HollownessDevoured

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Hey, I'm wondering if you have any ideas on how to get Creature abilities as talents? Particularly, I want to use the Revenant abilities (Pull, Mass Pull, Double Strike, and Aura of Weakness) as a specialization for Warriors. I've seen youtube videos of older mods that have done it, so I know it's possible. Just having a hard time figuring it out. 

I have had some success and some trouble with working with abilities, I can look into this, because honestly unless I try (or in some cases try a few times) I cannot tell if it is within my own limits or not.

Edit: I did a test adding the talents just say the ability while you preform a regular melee attack, aura of weakness seems visually work but I can't tell if it actually does yet. So there definitely must be more to it, than adding it to the talent book.

Edited by HollownessDevoured, 19 March 2022 - 08:10 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.010 seconds