Seeking a Book Chute upgrade to restore damaged books to Pre-War Books

mymods2016

I am wanting the ability to restore any damaged book into a Pre-War Book. This is immersive for me as my lone wanderer cares about preserving the knowledge of the old world. So the Book Chute can have another function in restoring damaged books in addition to making blank ones.

Much appreciated to anyone who can make this mod!

Addendum: (pun intended ;) I should have mentioned that no audio is requested, only simple text interface.

Edited by mymods2016

The effect itself would be pretty easy. But adding the additional dialogue to reflect it, not so much.

How immersive are you wanting this to be? Are you okay with no audio playing when you utilize this feature? No voice, just text responses?

I am wanting the ability to restore any damaged book into a Pre-War Book. This is immersive for me as my lone wanderer cares about preserving the knowledge of the old world. So the Book Chute can have another function in restoring damaged books in addition to making blank ones.

Much appreciated to anyone who can make this mod!

Addendum: (pun intended :wink: I should have mentioned that no audio is requested, only simple text interface.

Yes please, a simple text response is all that is needed.

• 4 months later...

No updates, sorry I had completely forgotten about this. Give me a few days and I'll whip something together for you.

How about making it so you need 5 damaged/burned books (of the same type, small, large, etc) to make a single pre-war book? Would that be balanced enough for you? And it makes sense since a lot of the pages would be too damaged to copy over, you'd need pieces of a handful of books to reprint everything.

Also, would you like it to be specifically a "pre-war book" that you get in return? or a new item identical to them, but called something else, like "modern book", "post-war printed book", or even "Big MT Publishers Book", something like that?

Alright, I have something pretty basic posted here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/77825

Right now, it costs 10 blank books to create a single Pre-War book. I used blank books because it's a lot easier than doing each and every type of damaged/burned/large/small book.

I'll be honest, I didn't playtest it at ALL. I don't have any current playthroughs even close to Old World Blues, so you'll have to check it out and see if it's functioning as you're wanting. If something isn't working right or you want something altered OR maybe I completely missed the mark and nothing is working at all, just PM me and I'll see what I can do.