slipknot0028

Trade Enhancement In Skyrim

Back Story: After playing Assassins Creed 3 for a while I thought it was pretty cool that they had caravans going through the city that sell items. I decided I would play some Skyrim and as I was wandering through the now desolate Whiterun due to some over excessive shouting, I realized, wait a second even when this was populated the handy dandy loading screen told me it was the center of trade In Skyrim. So why is it that the only NPC's that decided they would enter the city are residents of Hammerfell looking for a "international" prisoner. So to get to the point I propose "The trade center of Skyrim mod".

The description: This would be a mod that allowed merchants and caravans (other than those pesky Khajiits that always rip me off for children's toys.) This I think would really add some pretty awesome realism to the whole trade idea of Skyrim. You could use the city sound effects from other mods and maybe set up some more trade stands. I know this would be god-awfully buggy with all the animations and voice acting but I think it could be a good idea. I would do it myself but I don't think that Bethesda will be coding their games in HTML anytime soon.

Images to help

http://i.imgur.com/me6wB7h.jpg

If you were not aware these caravan like things move around through the city selling things. I searched for about 10 minutes but couldn't find an actual merchant one so I settled for this.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111118163104/elderscrolls/images/3/3a/Carriage.png

I think that something like this could be implemented in a similar way. I'm not going as far as to say that it should wander around the streets of a smaller city like Whiterun but maybe having them line some of the streets outside the city.

http://i.imgur.com/7kxHA6P.jpg

Also I thought that this sort of thing could be implemented a bit more in and out of the city.

More Information

Mods that would go well with my mod idea:

• Adura's Merchant Mod - Player Shops which can be found here
  • Open Cities Skyrim which can be found here
  • Your Market Stall which can be found here (Essentially the same as player owned shops)
  • SkyUI which can be found here (SkyUI is here because it just makes trading things easier on the eyes)
  • Trade and Bater which can be found here
  • Sounds of Skyrim - Civilizations which can be found here

Keep in mind that these mods are all just recommendation and not requirements. All credit for the aforementioned mods except "Trade enhancement for Skyrim" belong to their respective owners. I also apologize if any of the linked threads are reposts.

Copyright Info

I'm not completely for sure whether or not the 2 images that did not belong to me are copyrighted but I try to be nice whenever possible so here are the links to their owner's.

• The Skyrim carriage picture: The Elder Scrolls Wiki's page on carriages which can be found here
  • The Skyrim merchant stand: Adura's Merchant Mod page which can be found here

Contact Me
Thanks for your time and I would prefer for you to contact me through the forums. If I don't get back to you right away don't panic I will eventually. Once again thanks for your time and I hope you genuinely consider my mod request,
Sincerely,
slipknot0028
Edited by slipknot0028

The mod you are suggesting wouldn't be as difficult as you might imagine. With the Creation Kit modding can be a pretty simple thing. Its also much easier than html is. Well actually scripting is harder than html but you get used to it after a while. Anyways, as for merchants, there are several mods that add dozens of shops to whiterun to make it the "trading center of skyrim" you mentioned. I dont know about any traveling merchants but it wouldn't be too hard. I'm sorry I cant undertake the project myself as I have a lot on my plate right now.

This is similar to the goals of my own mod, Dawn of Whiterun. It does not include scripted features, but it does contain some of the other things that you mentioned, and I might add some stangant carriages now that you brought it up.

Im pretty sure your mod was the one I was looking for and was going to mention. Nice work on that, by the way.

Your best bet would be to install a mod which increases the size of Whiterun such as the immersive cities series and using a population mod to have everything looking busier.

A cart going through a city, especially a closed one will cause havok with npc pathfinding and the cart is simply too big for the area, even people on horses will have this problem.