Mod Request: Minimize/Remove Compass

17Rogues

Peace and long life.

There's too many casual-friendly things in Elden Ring.

Ever-present compass at the top of the screen is one such thing.

I'm requesting a mod that

A) Auto-hides the compass like other UI elements
B) Only has the 'N' visible on the compass
C) Completely disable the compass

D) Manipulate the size of the compass on-screen
E) Some combination of the above

Thanks. Have a good day.

Requested this over a week ago as well: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/11127488-mod-request-auto-hide-compass-or-separate-onoff-toggle-from-entire-hud-onoff/

I think having it auto-hide with the rest would be fine, since you can pull up the full hud temporarily whenever to glance at it by pressing Y on the gamepad.

If you want a temporary solution, the latest nightly builds of SpecialK (links on discord) have a setting to hide all of the hud with a keyboard shortcut, and since this turns off everything that includes the compass. You can bind it to any key or combo. In the steam controller configuration, what I did was set a long press of R3 to trigger this key which then will show/hide the entire hud using the gamepad. So most of the time what this means it just hides the compass junk.

Of course you have to manually long press R3 to bring any of the HUD back. It's not the best workaround but is a viable option for now.

You can also bind it to anything on the gamepad you would prefer. There's multi-button settings in steam that let you do chorded or double taps instead for additional binds if you don't want to long press. For example, I was sick of crouching on accident during combat, so I unbound L3 in the game, and bound the keyboard key for crouch to chorded press of holding gamepad Y button + hitting L3, so I never crouch or dismount on accident again.

Edited by pyide