help Victims of War

xrayy

The best mean to help the victims of war whether they're ukrainian or syrian for example is to make the rich pay. For it we need to end the tax evasion and for this we need to make sure the state has everything to lose serving them and nothing to win which notably requires to give all the parties the same financing, forbid any cumulation of powers and automatize the penalties depending on the facts rather than on the power ratios.

sounds good but it seems not so simple. the very rich and mighty have always a way to circumvent sanctions and they even often find their supporters if they can control or manipulate media. putin and trump both have still so many supporters even if they both imho proved to be incapable leaders of a nation. even many poor people support them because they both are rich, mighty and know how to manipulate even in a cold, reckless manner. the problem: they are both also somehow charismatic egoists/narcissits without much empathy. what they both most need to be happy is permanent self-affirmation and they are resistent to any advice or insight while they do not hide that. the problem is that such people obviously can build a huge fanbase with their charisma (and they did!). my impression is that even most individuals of the fanbase cannot explain why. the simple evidence of this phenomenon is autocracies and such (former) leaders like trump still exist or existed or may be elected again (?) and always the poor people have to pay first - even with their life or money - and they do - just for this beloved leader! ask psychologists why. i cannot answer that.

i think the answer is complex. one problem is to define such a victim you describe. is saw disturbing interviews with russian civilians who define themselves as a victim of the war, participating on the obvious "wrong side" (aggressor side) of the war. some even don't know that they support the aggressor or the goals of the aggressor or they are just blinded by "wrong" or inaccurate information because they cannot or do not chose information from independent media. there are people not believing or ignoring the result (141 vs 5 votes) of a clear un-resolution to end the russian aggression. i don't know what to say. even many politicians countries fail to distance from the unprovoked war in ukraine (most probably due to the obvious financial dependencies and support of putin) abd even support this russian aggression against ukraine (e.g. belarus, north korea, eritrea, syria).

what makes me speechless is that far right (and also some far left) facists even celebrate and support this aggression for no reason. the nazi argument is dumb because the only one who acts like a nazi 80 years ago is the aggressor itself.

I'd say just keep in mind that eroding faith in your fellow humans is part of the goal. So chances are it isn't as bad as it looks on the surface , for actual humans supporting them.

Which I just don't think people in general have the fortitude to remain whipped into a frenzy that is so useful to them. And eventually people get sick of being in that state.

So keep an open mind and faith that people in general will respond to their better angels ( an evolutionary trait that cannot be removed ) which their machinations to use new paradigms are going to always be one step behind the natural evolution.

And easy to spot IMHO if you take the time to notice by seeking a more objective view on any given facet.

Guest deleted34304850

i love that you use "angels" and evolution in the same sentence, as if angels are a construct of natural evolution instead of some bullshit you plucked out of your rear end.

i love that you use "angels" and evolution in the same sentence, as if angels are a construct of natural evolution instead of some bulls*** you plucked out of your rear end.

LOL ... you know I didn't mean actual angels as other beings ???

It was just the common way of saying people tend to choose the good in situations , over contemplating bad purposes. Which IMHO ... is an evolved trait in humans that happened over many many generations.

And is not easily removed by some one seeking to control a mob mentality ... that usually is based on fears.

Or were you being serious and not sarcastic ?

I am a devout Agnostic by the way ... at least after my evolutionary process with religion experiences.

I've been to Ukraine and can honestly say that place is horrible. Between the human sex trafficking, drug cartels and completely corrupt government not to mention the ongoing civil unrest that led to their civil war that preluded the Russian invasion. Every country should stay the f*#@ out of it. Not even the refugees and migrants they supposedly "saved" wanted to stay and fight to protect their saviors, that just shows how bad that place is.

I've been to Ukraine and can honestly say that place is horrible. Between the human sex trafficking, drug cartels and completely corrupt government not to mention the ongoing civil unrest that led to their civil war that preluded the Russian invasion. Every country should stay the f*** out of it. Not even the refugees and migrants they supposedly "saved" wanted to stay and fight to protect their saviors, that just shows how bad that place is.

So Putin is the cleanser ? Is he Ajax or Joy ?

Cuz Ya know if UR gona push that kinda scenario ... inquiring minds want to know :whistling: