How do I Remove Activators from an Object WITHOUT Removing the Object?

Amazonalpaca15

Any reason you can't just set the script to none? Sorry if that was already mentioned, but there was a lot to read

Additionally you can set the name to nothing so it doesn't look like an activator.

They would still have the "Activate" pop up when hovering the crosshair. Even if not named nor script attached , which most activators have a default action/animation ... that would then play.

And for future use for you ... any script attached to an activator , stops it's default action from happening. Which you then re-enable happening by using "Activate" in a script line by itself , after the scripting you wanted done from the "Begin OnActivate"

Hmm, I must be thinking of oblivion where a no named activator shows no indication of activation. And also in oblivion typically there is a script like playgroup forward 0; which controls the animation that you can just... not have.

Ah well ... I have no clue about the CK with reference to Oblivion . I Only know Fo3/FNV Geck .

I have been wrestling the idea to buy Oblivion just so I have a better understanding of whence the modding tool came from.

Plus the game would probably be good for a few hrs of entertainment beyond that also ?

Trying to decide steam buying an old CRPG ... or something else.

And frankly I don't have a lot of time to play games beyond modding and playtesting this engine .

Well at least beyond the RL fixing houses I have to do to make money in order to afford the internet connect of being here :excl:

Oh okay, yeah oblivion is great, but I played it when it came out a loooong time ago. Not sure if people would receive it as well as I did back then. Probably the best thing about oblivion cs is that its nice to build all the scenic environments. Also there are alot of things that are easier like navmeshing and AI isnt as buggy.

I seriously was thinking aoubit ,,, But!!! I took Pathfinder:Kingmaker ... hearkening back to the ole BG itch to scratch.

Now I'm stuck figuring out puzzles on advancment of the story. I didn't think that would be part of it ... but oh well here I is .

Any reason you can't just set the script to none? Sorry if that was already mentioned, but there was a lot to read

Additionally you can set the name to nothing so it doesn't look like an activator.

Confirmed this works. Super easy workaround versus finding a mesh using BAE/whatever you use.

Confirmed this works. Super easy workaround versus finding a mesh using BAE/whatever you use.

Well what da ya know ... you is right ; )

I must've been mistaken from one that used the text override ... also I use containers a lot for activators , and they do keep the "E/Open" mouse over.

But activators and doors cease to function without a name.

I guess I better just go back to figuring out dungeon puzzles instead of Geck ones .