What keeps you playing Skyrim?

DashingKnight

Easy question there.

Who else makes games like this Answer : no one

My Skyrim is tweaked and altered beyond recognition that i sometimes forget how the vanilla version looked like.

TO ALL console owner " get a gaming rig and get a new life " ive been living in Tamriel for over 10 years now and im never coming back to earth. Earth = Boring Tamriel = Exciting

ill wish it was somehow possible to unite all modders to make the greatest TES game ever :thumbsup:

For example, you are on your way to to a dungeon as part of a quest line, but before you even get half-way there you might encounter bandits, wild animals, different factions fighting (Vigilant vs. Vampires, Stormcloaks vs. Imperials, etc.) dragons, not to mention newly discovered dungeons, caves, crypts and towers along the way. If you take the time to deviate from your original plan and explore some of the larger caves and ruins those end up turning into secondary quests themselves... Like the one where you help the a guy near Riften rescue his family who are being held captive in his keep by bandits who invaded.

This is the best thing in Skyrim, there is always something beyond the next hill. And it is also the reason why i still haven't finished the main storyline. I started Skyrim on a "not steam relying" version but had so much fun that i went all the way and bought the game on Steam. When counting both the games i have way over 300 hours in the game and still hungry for more. And since i have my new pc i have spent almost 100 hours on modding the game to get even more from it. Visuals, more quests, better (read "more immersive") gear,... there is no end to the amount off new or altered things you can add to this allready vast game.

1. Since I won't do business with Steam, I just got the Lengendary CD and now I have the DLC to play. Finally.

2. A lot of cool mods also need the DLC, so I've got some new mods to check out.

3. New game machine. My 8 year-old game machine's video card smoked (literally) a while back and last week the HDD finally quit booting. Built a new 64 bit Windows 7 machine. I have most of the S.T.E.P. mods loaded now and Skyrim just looks great on maxed Ultra settings. I'm having fun just exploring around and looking at the enhanced scenery and graphics.

4. Skyrim is still the best video game I've ever played. Not perfect by any means, but the open nature of the world really appeals to me. The Skyrim modding community IS just about perfect. I've pretty much played only vanilla games till recently, but I'm slowly loading up on immersion mods and, with the S.T.E.P. mods, Skyrim is a whole new experience already. Once I get my personal RP mods installed, cleaned, and bashed, I'll finish a new game with the DLC then start adding some content mods.

I can see another year of Skyrim, at least. :thumbsup:

For me its the immersion style of play that's possible in this game.
Everytime I start a new character I see him as a different person, who knows nothing about this enormous and magestic world, he doesn't know he is a dragonborn, he could be a head on brute or a tactics master, smart or stupid, every time I play I imagine I am someone else, and that keeps me going.

I have taken breaks from Skyrim but mods always drag me back in, there are always new adventures awaiting Dovahkiin, and I must rush to the rescue of poor woman in need of a hero!

Open world, thousands of side quests, immersion and mods.

And of course the Creation Kits! I just love editing my own home, its like you get thousands of pieces and you need to figure out how to make a beautiful completed puzzle out of it :)

When entering certain areas in-game I often think "this object is nice", after which I will look for it in the CK and add it to my home if it fits.

Edited by Guest

I bought the game on release and played for a few dozen hours never really getting into it and not finishing any of the story lines before moving on.

I left the game installed on my pc thinking at some I would get back into it but that only happened a few weeks ago after watching a YouTube video. I got into modding the game and completed the main story, civil war and the mage guild using a fresh character specializing in magic and reaching level 27.

I then bought the legendary edition, installed Skyre and am currently on my second play through having so far done the companions, the dawnguard dlc and a bunch of daedric quests, planning to do the dragonborn dlc next. I am doing a warrior shield and sword character and have full legendary daedric armor.

I am already planning on a thief for my next pay through and who knows what could come next, this game is now on my top games having being a gamer for thirty years and never before playing an elder scrolls game which is embarrassing.