Clothing shifting its texture

Benuzis

Hi guys,

I am new to the practice of tampering with the original game settings, and after downloading several mods (mothership zeta crew amongst them) am experiencing that all the characters in the mods (not in those of the original data) have their clothes constantly shifting between different textures.

This destroys the joy in gaming and I would really appreciate if one of you veterans could explain how to fix that gameplay corrupting flaw.

Many thanks!!

If you are using Nexus Mod Manager or Fallout Mod Manager, there is a program called ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! that is built in. I don't use NMM, but in FOMM, left click on the "Tools" tab. In the drop down menu, make sure there is a check mark next to Archive Invalidation. If there is, uncheck it and recheck it. If there is not, place one there.

If you do not have a mod manager, download and install this program: http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/944/

Do not use both the standalone program and the one in the mod manager. They will cancel each other.

Many thanks M48A5,

very relived to know that there is a solution!

Unfortunately I cannot find the ArchiveInvalidation option in the tools dropdown menu. I have FOMM (version 0.12.6) and that option is not amongst it.

Shall I try to update FOMM, or install the program you recommended?