Help with Papyrus Log

marbai

Hello everybody,

I have been getting frequent freezes while in exteriors in Skyrim. The audio still plays, but the game completely freezes. Sometimes the game does not recover and I have to close it with task manager. Other times, like when switching between weapons with hotkeys, it will be more of a "stutter" and recover after a second or two. They always seem to be random so I don't think there is anything corrupt in the worldspace. Also, my fps stays at a decent number in between the stutters/freezes.

To try and find the root of the problem I checked my papyrus logs. I'm not exactly well educated in scripting and papyrus, but I tried to read up on the subject before hand. I feel as though I am still in over my head though. I recognize some of the mods in the logs, but some errors are reported over and over again. How do I know which error is what is freezing my game? Or should I try and resolve ALL of them? I don't really know where to look here or where to start.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

My log is attached as a .rar file.

I am running latest SKSE and Skyrim version.

Load order is attached as text file.

Thank you!

I'm going to keep updating this as I try to understand this myself in case it helps anyone with similar problems. I googled some of the papyrus errors and many seemed to be related to Enhanced Blood Textures. I redownloaded and reinstalled the mod in case anything was corrupted. I went for a full hour with almost no stutters before stopping to check my logs. So that's improvement. But I'm still getting some Papyrus errors related to the mod. I'll update again if I make more headway.

I am no expert, but from what I believe, freezes are mostly related to memory issue, whereas CTDs are more related o script problems. I could be wrong of course. With that said, your papyrus log does have lots of errors. Perhaps your game is too busy processing the scripts and when it can't handle it anymore it freezes. A few things to try are:

- Try ENBoost. I don't use it myself but it's supposed to fix freezes related to memory issues.

- Do you have a lot of high res texture packs? If so, try uninstalling those to see if it helps.

- Give this tool a try: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12801//? , it has fixed my freezing problems in the past. It basically compresses your textures and reduces the memory usage.

- Start a new game, play for a bit and see if you get the same sort of errors in your papyrus log (Rather than playing through Helgan Keep, I would teleport to the places where you get freezes to see if they happen). If they still happen it should be a problem with your mods.

- If your new game is fine,your savegame probably has left over scripts in it. This usually happens if you have uninstalled a scripted mod, but I noticed this sometimes also happens when you update some mods (this happened to me with Player Headtracking and Dance of Death, when the mod authors integrated the mods into MCM). You can try the SKSE ClearInvalidRegistrations method and see if that helps.

Finally, if nothing works you can also give this method a try:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31675//?

It's more of a last resort so don't use it unless your game is unplayable (but then again you can always backup your saves so it's your call). But I have used this myself and it fixed almost all my instability problems. The drawback is that it may cause some glitches in some quests that you have already activated.

Again I am no expert, but these are the sort of things I have tried in the past. Hope these help. :smile:

Edited by Gawin

Thank you Gawin!

I have no texture packs installed atm. I will run Skyrim performance monitor to check my memory usage. I hadn't even thought of that for some reason. And I do like the looks of the optimization tool as well.

I have in the last hour also started getting CTDs. No error message or anything. This is the first time this problem has come up except for one time a long time ago on another character where I mucked up my ugrids.

This is the last line of the logs at the time of my CTD. No idea what this mean. Just that it has to do with enhanced blood textures.

[09/16/2013 - 07:06:57PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp11"
stack:
[None].zbloodnpc.OnHit() - "<savegame>" Line ?
Anyway thanks again for your help! I'll keep trying some stuff :)