No motivation for the Thirsk Mead Hall

MidbossVyers

OK, I can see reasons for joining the Legion and the Stormcloaks, for the Volkihar or the Dawnguard, but what motivation is there for supporting the Thirsk or the Rieklings? Was there some Riekling backstory in Morrowind: Bloodmoon that may have motivated a Riekling support? If the Rieklings were actually Falmer, I may have sympathized with them, but that was retconned with the existence of actual Falmer. By playing Bloodmoon, the Nerevarine may have made friends with the Thirsk then, but that has no bearing on the decisions of the Dragonborn. If anything, save for maybe the Nerevarine, all of the Thirsk chiefs have been human, which would make them unable to last more than 200 years.

I just played that quest too and I thought that it seemed a bit incomplete.

It was like your options were to help out looser group A or looser group B.

I sided with the Nords, and then had to kill the woman after she got denied the blessing.

That was just a side quest. But it was Waaaay over on the side.

From what you say, i can see that you are not satisfied with the profit of completing the quest. Let me surprise you: quests are not about profit. And 'side' quests are called 'side' because they do not affect the main story, so i can not understand your point at all. I mean, what were you expecting? Those two groups were busy killing eachother for some time, which means none of them are, in fact, great at combat. None of them are known to the outside world. Natives say, that those lads in Thursk are known for their great mead. They are just a kid party compared to the groups you mentioned. What was you expecting? To gain super-riekling-power, that allows you to shoot their spears straight?

Anyway, this one was just a way to place some funny episodes, to entertain us.