• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

DaedalusMachina007

DaedalusMachina007

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
Thank you for the Discord link, joined up :)

gibbothegracious

gibbothegracious

Wait I can change this?

• Premium Member
  • 604 posts
In response to post #106767393.

Spoiler

I feel like you just described Bethesda's entire success story

RainbowPheanix

RainbowPheanix

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 1 posts
Man this sounds promising. Im curious how you will walk the knives edge between modability and handling mods that are too powerfull/feel like cheats.

foilist61

foilist61

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 22 posts
In response to post #106919538.

Spoiler

It's your choice how you want to mod you game.  Why in the word would a game developer want to infringe on that?  It serves no purpose.  Why do you care if someone cheats in their single player game?

OrionLion

OrionLion

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
I am going to say this, take it as you will.

Bought a game like this a long time ago, it was fun in the beginning but after a while you end up with pretty much nothing.

DasRoteBaron

DasRoteBaron

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 227 posts
This looks awesome!  Does anyone know if it's voice acted?

soohar

soohar

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Just signed up. Out of curiosity.

thenasty

thenasty

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 204 posts
In response to post #106919538. #106939948 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

There's sometimes a benefit to curating an experience, i.e. the Souls Franchise which probably would not be as popular if players could turn on an easy mode. It depends on what type of experience the game is meant to give.

aprilia1k

aprilia1k

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 72 posts
In response to post #106919538. #106939948, #107554518 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

@thenasty: I disagree - people who like to setup extreme OP are the only ones who would make use of such features.

People who prefer more challenge will never use them.  

Realize that all the Mass Effect games, WItcher 3, etc.. etc... have mods that allow a user to become absurdly OP - and it certainly did nothing to harm the massive sales and popularity... if anything, for those types who hate losing, simply suck at the games or don't have the time/patience, it must make such games imminently more playable (for them) and thus makes an otherwise too difficult/time-consuming game something they'll be able to enjoy. 

I think that games that interfere with such mods (or actual mods that overly restrict) simply do not appeal to this group at all..
and again, folks who wouldn't want cheats at all will simply scoff and ignore such single-player-cheat mods.

Caspinwartime

Caspinwartime

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 5 posts
any possibility of adding an optional 3rd person camera view somewhere down line ?

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.935 seconds