Need Help With Creating Custom Children in CK

I am trying to create a few custom children in CK. I use RS Children as well as two mods that depend on it: Aymar & Friends and RS Elf & Beast Races. I have tried every combination under the sun, but I cannot get my kids' headmorphs to generate correctly. Since I won't be sharing this mod, I have even tried extracting the meshes and textures from their BSAs and tried to manually add them to the CK so these kids would have their own race with these superior meshes. When I import the head mesh, all I get is floating eyes, teeth, and hair. I get the red exclamation mark when I open RS Elf and Beast Race. I am making Dunmer children, so just using RS Children means they don't have elf ears. I am impossibly frustrated and I am hoping for any guidance.

I have tried using NifSkope Optimizer to see if that would fix it. I opened the head meshes in NifSkope and removed the texture paths to see if that would help (it did not). The meshes will show in the preview window, but not when I switch the headmesh either in the race menu (for both a new and existing race) or for a specific character (i.e. changing Dagni's head to the new one).