40 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438,769 posts
Fallout NV: Updated

This pack aims to modernize Fallout NV with new and modern gameplay features as much as possible while also providing the essential patches and stability fixes for the game without spoiling the feeling of the original game. If you just installed New Vegas and just want to enjoy the game as soon as possible but you're tired of all the "jank" and shitty graphics, then give this a try! This collection basically tries to capture what could've been if Obsidian had gotten another year of development before releasing the game. Look at the screenshots below to get an idea of how the game will look, feel and function.

duy7a12

duy7a12

• Premium Member
  • 17 posts

Works very well. Though there is some minor things: Sunny Smiles got a relatively lighter colored skin from the neck up to her head comparing to the rest of her body. A bit noticeable if played in 1080p but very much stood out in 720p. Some NPCs have a weird upper lips popping out (so far the most apparent is Easy Pete - you can actually see his upper jaw or teeth when he speaks). Removing FCO would fix this easily.

bj0urne

bj0urne

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Works very well. Though there is some minor things: Sunny Smiles got a relatively lighter colored skin from the neck up to her head comparing to the rest of her body. A bit noticeable if played in 1080p but very much stood out in 720p. Some NPCs have a weird upper lips popping out (so far the most apparent is Easy Pete - you can actually see his upper jaw or teeth when he speaks). Removing FCO would fix this easily.

Thanks for the feedback! I really believe FCO is essential to overhauling New Vegas, since the default faces looks like melting wax dolls. But I'll examine what you said, and I will think it over. Might be better face overhaul mods out there than FCO... any sugestions? Thanks again for the feedback! :)

Evaniscool

Evaniscool

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 159 posts

I think looking for some more mods to make it more modern can still be possible. This guy's site might give a good idea where to go, https://www.sinitargaming.com/nv.html. Also are you interested in creating another pack for TTW with this original pack in mind? 

bj0urne

bj0urne

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

I think looking for some more mods to make it more modern can still be possible. This guy's site might give a good idea where to go, https://www.sinitargaming.com/nv.html. Also are you interested in creating another pack for TTW with this original pack in mind? 

Thanks for the feedback! I think this should already be pretty TTW friendly, but I don't use TTW myself, and I don't really have the time to setup TTW and playtest stuff and so on as I've got both college and a job to worry about If you want you can test it with TTW and give me some feedback on what works and what doesn't.

Evaniscool

Evaniscool

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 159 posts

Thanks for the feedback! I think this should already be pretty TTW friendly, but I don't use TTW myself, and I don't really have the time to setup TTW and playtest stuff and so on as I've got both college and a job to worry about If you want you can test it with TTW and give me some feedback on what works and what doesn't.

I don't actually own fo3 so I cannot test it. Looking forward to what else you implement from that list.

katnerd

katnerd

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 449 posts

As far as the neck seams and face/body complexion mismatches I do know of two possible solutions.

This male body mod by zzjay was made specifically to update the male textures without screwing with vanilla compatibility and it removes the neck seam: https://www.nexusmod...egas/mods/70160 There both SFW and NSFW versions. I've primarily used the SFW version since I do like to stream my gameplay and it's very good.

For females there's the Type4 body ( https://www.nexusmod...egas/mods/66903 ). It does have a SFW version but may take extra work adding the two other mods that replace some of the "skimpy" outfits (they're not that skimpy but they are noticeable). Type4 is the only female body mod on Nexus that I know of that removes the neck seam. It also replaces all the clothes and armor in the game (excluding Power Armor, of course) but is compatible with retextures of clothes and armor. The author of this body may object to it being included in a collection, however.

Alternatively there is "Distributed Chains and Necklaces" which puts necklaces on virtually every NPC (you can choose of they are lootable or not). This mod was made specifically to hide the ugly neckseam and is the easiest way to do so. Since it uses JIP to distribute the necklaces it's compatible with everything and requires no patching. https://www.nexusmod...egas/mods/56198

The NPC appearance overhauls that are used by Sintar are done by Dragbody and only available on Gunnetwork (you can't download from there without making an account and can't access all the mods without building up a "reputation" on the site). They can't be added to a collection since they are posted over on Gunetwork specifically due to the use of assets from games that don't allow use. I'm not judging them, the fact that I use Dragbody's NPC overhaul pretty much reveals my opinion anyway. He has the best version of Veronica ever made.

I hope that helps.

katnerd

katnerd

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 449 posts

Oh, and my only problem with FCO is the huge number of extra races it adds. It makes patching it for updated body textures and meshes an absolute nightmare. I've done it before (sadly lost all that painful work when and SSD died and never had the impetus to rebuild it). I believe it has a patch for the "Type" female bodies and the two male body replacers (I dislike the male replacers since they change the texture map of the body, again, creating a compatibility issue). As far as I know the only issue FCO has with Type4 female body and zzjay's male body would be the head meshes and textures, however. FCO uses the vanilla head mesh for it's custom races, which restores the neck seam.

I am going to install your collection as it's very close to what I usually build myself when I play FNV. I am gonna add some stuff (mostly related to the characters and bodies, I really, really, hate that damn neckseam, lol)

MuscleMog

MuscleMog

• Premium Member
  • 12 posts

Collection crashes on startup.

katnerd

katnerd

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 449 posts

Collection crashes on startup.

What version of the game do you have?

Is it from Steam or Gog?

The Steam version had some updates from Bethesda recently, IIRC, which causes issues with modded versions of the game.

Never, ever, just post "this crashes my game". Always give info that will allow somebody to help. All the mods in this collection are tested, played, and work as intended. Most likely your game is crashing due to something unrelated to the collection but without any information there's no way to help you.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.088 seconds