56 replies to this topic

MuscleMog

MuscleMog

• Premium Member
  • 12 posts

Collection crashes on startup.

What version of the game do you have?

Is it from Steam or Gog?

The Steam version had some updates from Bethesda recently, IIRC, which causes issues with modded versions of the game.

Never, ever, just post "this crashes my game". Always give info that will allow somebody to help. All the mods in this collection are tested, played, and work as intended. Most likely your game is crashing due to something unrelated to the collection but without any information there's no way to help you.

Oh sorry, I did not see anywhere in the description that this collection was incompatible with the steam version.

Do you have any advice for running this collection on steam version?

All I did was install via vortext collections tab. I have made no other alterations besides running the 4gb patch and installing NVSE. 

I did notice there was file conflict messages when the collection finished installing, I used the suggested settings from vortex to correct those.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

bj0urne

bj0urne

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

As far as the neck seams and face/body complexion mismatches I do know of two possible solutions.

This male body mod by zzjay was made specifically to update the male textures without screwing with vanilla compatibility and it removes the neck seam: https://www.nexusmod...egas/mods/70160 There both SFW and NSFW versions. I've primarily used the SFW version since I do like to stream my gameplay and it's very good.

For females there's the Type4 body ( https://www.nexusmod...egas/mods/66903 ). It does have a SFW version but may take extra work adding the two other mods that replace some of the "skimpy" outfits (they're not that skimpy but they are noticeable). Type4 is the only female body mod on Nexus that I know of that removes the neck seam. It also replaces all the clothes and armor in the game (excluding Power Armor, of course) but is compatible with retextures of clothes and armor. The author of this body may object to it being included in a collection, however.

Alternatively there is "Distributed Chains and Necklaces" which puts necklaces on virtually every NPC (you can choose of they are lootable or not). This mod was made specifically to hide the ugly neckseam and is the easiest way to do so. Since it uses JIP to distribute the necklaces it's compatible with everything and requires no patching. https://www.nexusmod...egas/mods/56198

The NPC appearance overhauls that are used by Sintar are done by Dragbody and only available on Gunnetwork (you can't download from there without making an account and can't access all the mods without building up a "reputation" on the site). They can't be added to a collection since they are posted over on Gunetwork specifically due to the use of assets from games that don't allow use. I'm not judging them, the fact that I use Dragbody's NPC overhaul pretty much reveals my opinion anyway. He has the best version of Veronica ever made.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not going to add a body replacer if I can't replace it for both male and female, and most body mods tend to go a bit overboard with big tits and s*** like that. I'm trying to smooth out the edges of New Vegas, and just add new mechanics and replace basic graphics stuff that's really bad, so I'm trying to keep the number of mods to a minimum. But I'll definately check out all the problems people seem to be having with bugged teeth/jaw and neckline. Thanks!

bj0urne

bj0urne

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Is it from Steam or Gog?

The Steam version had some updates from Bethesda recently, IIRC, which causes issues with modded versions of the game.

Never, ever, just post "this crashes my game". Always give info that will allow somebody to help. All the mods in this collection are tested, played, and work as intended. Most likely your game is crashing due to something unrelated to the collection but without any information there's no way to help you.

Actually, I'm playing the Steam version myself, and it works just fine. I thought it was just Fallout 3 that got a recent update? However, he might not have all DLC's. This collection has mods that require you to have all of the DLC's so it might be that hehe.

bj0urne

bj0urne

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

I usually write "thanks for the feedback" but you didn't actually give me anything useful? Please make sure you've got all DLC's installed as those are required for this collection. It works just fine for me and everybody else.

katnerd

katnerd

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 481 posts

It's not incompatible with the Steam version, I was just suggesting one of the possible things that could be causing a crash :)

Is it from Steam or Gog?

Oh sorry, I did not see anywhere in the description that this collection was incompatible with the steam version.

All I did was install via vortext collections tab. I have made no other alterations besides running the 4gb patch and installing NVSE. 

I did notice there was file conflict messages when the collection finished installing, I used the suggested settings from vortex to correct those.

katnerd

katnerd

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 481 posts

Yeah, I'm not actually fond of the T&A aspects. There's a bit of that in the Type4 female body, I use two other mods to eliminate the zippered down outfits and restore the vanilla styled outfits.

The male body mod I suggested, as I said, has a SFW version. All it really does is upscale the textures and increase the poly count on the meshes. I use the SFW version. My only goal in using these two is getting rid of the neck seams, lol

The neckseam issue is a vanilla bug. Bethesda mismatched the vertex's of the head mesh and body mesh. That's why it's there. Nothing do fix it other than replacing the head and body meshes, unfortunately.

The necklaces mod would probably be a good solution and be in tune with the spirit of your collection, however. It does a good job of making the neck seam disappear.

As far as the neck seams and face/body complexion mismatches I do know of two possible solutions.

This male body mod by zzjay was made specifically to update the male textures without screwing with vanilla compatibility and it removes the neck seam: https://www.nexusmod...egas/mods/70160 There both SFW and NSFW versions. I've primarily used the SFW version since I do like to stream my gameplay and it's very good.

For females there's the Type4 body ( https://www.nexusmod...egas/mods/66903 ). It does have a SFW version but may take extra work adding the two other mods that replace some of the "skimpy" outfits (they're not that skimpy but they are noticeable). Type4 is the only female body mod on Nexus that I know of that removes the neck seam. It also replaces all the clothes and armor in the game (excluding Power Armor, of course) but is compatible with retextures of clothes and armor. The author of this body may object to it being included in a collection, however.

Alternatively there is "Distributed Chains and Necklaces" which puts necklaces on virtually every NPC (you can choose of they are lootable or not). This mod was made specifically to hide the ugly neckseam and is the easiest way to do so. Since it uses JIP to distribute the necklaces it's compatible with everything and requires no patching. https://www.nexusmod...egas/mods/56198

The NPC appearance overhauls that are used by Sintar are done by Dragbody and only available on Gunnetwork (you can't download from there without making an account and can't access all the mods without building up a "reputation" on the site). They can't be added to a collection since they are posted over on Gunetwork specifically due to the use of assets from games that don't allow use. I'm not judging them, the fact that I use Dragbody's NPC overhaul pretty much reveals my opinion anyway. He has the best version of Veronica ever made.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not going to add a body replacer if I can't replace it for both male and female, and most body mods tend to go a bit overboard with big tits and s*** like that. I'm trying to smooth out the edges of New Vegas, and just add new mechanics and replace basic graphics stuff that's really bad, so I'm trying to keep the number of mods to a minimum. But I'll definately check out all the problems people seem to be having with bugged teeth/jaw and neckline. Thanks!

Evaniscool

Evaniscool

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 178 posts

Is there a way to install this and have a wabbajack pack as well? I feel its creating issues with how I was approaching. 

MuscleMog

MuscleMog

• Premium Member
  • 12 posts

Lose FCO and this collection will be perfect. Try NVR2 or 3 instead. Too many  fixes required to get FCO working not included in this collection.

CAPMANSAMATA

CAPMANSAMATA

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

everything works amazingly, so thank you for that! my only issue is that my hands are pink? I have called my character Pinkfingieman (all one word) in honour of this. Although I cant say that the radiation of the post apocalypse hasn't just affected humanity in such a way. When i look at other people's screen shots it seems the radiation has caused all of the lady npcs to have big galoogas and has mutated the human eyeball to see as many lense flairs as possible, so it is refreshing for a mod or mod list to focus on preserving the visual aspect of the game that makes it one of my favourites. 

(edit) I have solved this but now there is no text on my menus? any ideas what could be doing this/ how to solve this?

(edit2) I have also sorted this issue so I guess I'll leave this here just to say thanks for putting all this together!

Edited by CAPMANSAMATA, 21 March 2022 - 08:28 PM.

duy7a12

duy7a12

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Is it from Steam or Gog?

I downloaded FNV through Steam and there was no problem at all (early March 2022). I even downloaded it multiple times for testing different collections. Maybe you have leftover from some other mods? I have no problem other than the aforementioned one with FCO which was caused by the mod itself, not because of the Steam version nor this collection in general. I'm using Vortex to install mods. If you're having problems maybe try to change the conflicted mods' load order since Vortex is not always correct. Check out ESO's Skyrim modding video. I know it's a differrent game but you will get the idea which mod needs to be loaded first and which one going after. Try removing the game completely and do a clean installation (everything from the start) of New Vegas. Are you using the latest version of NVSE (6.2.5 as of the time I'm typing this)?

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.109 seconds