How to manually change mods load order?

LordKrivier

How does one manually change the load order of the mods that are installed?

I've been trying to work with Vortex now that the NMM is completely dead, and so far I find it extremely unintuitive. Sure, most people like working with it, kudos to them and all of that. But to me it just looks messy and complicated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest deleted34304850

read the knowledge base and search these forums. you're not the first to ask the question, it's been answered hundreds of times.

First off, Nexus Mod Manager is not dead. It is being maintained and readily available.

Second, you can't manually change the load order in Vortex. You have to make load before and load after rules. This is what I have read here on the forums since I won't use Vortex.

Guest deleted34304850

First off, Nexus Mod Manager is not dead. It is being maintained and readily available.

Second, you can't manually change the load order in Vortex. You have to make load before and load after rules. This is what I have read here on the forums since I won't use Vortex.

if you don't use vortex what makes you think you're able to pass off downright wrong information and think you're doing someone a favour?

if you don't know what you're talking about (and you obviously don't), it's best to say nothing.

if you don't use vortex what makes you think you're able to pass off downright wrong information and think you're doing someone a favour?

if you don't know what you're talking about (and you obviously don't), it's best to say nothing.

I guess you didn't see "This is what I have read here on the forums " It has been stated many times in the forums that you cannot move the mods but have to make load before and load after rules.

This is also explained in the section "Managing your Load Order as found in the Vortex Help Center, FAQ, Documentation.

Guest deleted34304850

I guess you didn't see "This is what I have read here on the forums " It has been stated many times in the forums that you cannot move the mods but have to make load before and load after rules.

This is also explained in the section "Managing your Load Order as found in the Vortex Help Center, FAQ, Documentation.

Setting a rule in Vortex is as much a non-automated (i.e., manual) process as moving a plugin up or down in a plugin list. Nowhere (see https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Managing_your_Load_Order) is it stated that Vortex does not permit manual changes to load order. Vortex simply handles manual changes in a different way, but they are manual all the same.