Fixing the Dark Brotherhood Questlines

saviornt1980

So I've ran into a ton of issues with the quests relating to the Dark Brotherhood and various stages of it. This is more for my own references though and can only be done via the console (meaning, PC only, sorry everyone!). Credits for these fixes come from gnewna from the Steam Community and sciron524 from the Nexus forums.

Player's quest completion scenarios:

Courier doesn't deliver the note:

1. Open the console and enter this command:

setstage dbentrancequest 20 

2. Go to sleep, this should trigger the shack scene and before Astrid starts talking open the console and enter:

stopquest darkbrotherhood
resetquest darkbrotherhood

Kill Grelog without fixing Cicero's cart, and after performing the above steps, Cicero never arrives to the Sanctuary during the quest "Mourning Never Comes":

• If, after completing the first 3 contracts for Nazir, Cicero never shows up and Astrid does not give you the quest "Mourning Never Comes", first, exit the sanctuary, then open the console and type in the following commands. I had to enter them one at a time; running them in a batchfile would not work for me.

prid 0001E64A
    enable
    prid 0001E648
    enable
    prid 0001BDE8
    moveto 0001E64C
    prid 0001E64A
    moveto 0001E64B
    prid 0001BDE7
    moveto 0002EE3D
    prid 0001D4BB
    moveto 0002EE3E
    prid 0001C3AE
    moveto 0008D294
    prid 0001BDEB
    moveto 0001D23E
    prid 0001D4BC
    moveto 0008D295
    prid 00015CF4
    enable
    setpqv DarkBrotherhood CiceroArrive_var 1
    Then, enter the sanctuary and the Cicero arrival scene should play out and Astrid should give you the quest "Mourning Never Comes".
  • Before talking to Astrid after completing "Mourning Never Comes", open the console and type:

setpqv DarkBrotherhood CiceroTalk1_var 2
    This should make the scene where you spy on Cicero play correctly.
After the scene where you spy on Cicero, I didn't need to use the console again to finish the Dark Brotherhood questline. The only other anomaly I noticed is that volumes 1-4 of Cicero's journal didn't show up in the sanctuary. They are not critical to the main Dark Brotherhood quest, but if you really want to read them, you can add them to your inventory using the following console commands:

player.additem 0009DABE 1
player.additem 0009DAC1 1
player.additem 0009DAC4 1
player.additem 0009DAC5 1
Good luck!

Page loaded in: 2.323 seconds
Edited by saviornt1980