2mb cap

Kingg4290

2mb is BRUTAL. The throttling really ends up being around 1-1.5mb.

I fully understand the need for limited public speeds, and to help fund this websites Premium, but a limit this low is ridiculous.

So pay for premium.

Sorry man, I just have a real problem with folks complaining about a FREE service......

Oh, this brings me back, back to the Good Old Days of Planet Elder Scrolls. I remember having to wait in line for my downloads, and then after about 10-15 min on a bad day I got a chance to download my file of choice -

On a 56k modem.

It built character having to patiently wait for whatever it was that would take a few minutes today but several hours several years ago. Or waiting for later in the day for lower traffic on terrible days. Or choosing another day because the 56k was doing 13 kbps or less and it would take too long. Or waiting for a thunderstorm to pass because you were afraid a strike would fry your computer.

Anyway, I don't much care for the site but I'll give it credit/praise where it's due - it's better on handling files then my beloved Planet Elder Scrolls while still remaining free for cheap old misers like myself.

If your in a hurry buy premium. If your cheap, figure out what you want, buy a month, and go download it all in a day. Otherwise aspire to the zen-like indifference to waiting I have obtained - and spend nothing.

Guest deleted34304850

they should make the download speed equal to the entitlement of the complainant. in this guy's case, he'd have instant downloads.

Oh, this brings me back, back to the Good Old Days of Planet Elder Scrolls. I remember having to wait in line for my downloads, and then after about 10-15 min on a bad day I got a chance to download my file of choice -

On a 56k modem.

It built character having to patiently wait for whatever it was that would take a few minutes today but several hours several years ago. Or waiting for later in the day for lower traffic on terrible days. Or choosing another day because the 56k was doing 13 kbps or less and it would take too long. Or waiting for a thunderstorm to pass because you were afraid a strike would fry your computer.

Anyway, I don't much care for the site but I'll give it credit/praise where it's due - it's better on handling files then my beloved Planet Elder Scrolls while still remaining free for cheap old misers like myself.

If your in a hurry buy premium. If your cheap, figure out what you want, buy a month, and go download it all in a day. Otherwise aspire to the zen-like indifference to waiting I have obtained - and spend nothing.

At the time (1988 or so), a 56K dial-up modem was state of the art. Now, we live in a GB/S world, so is 2MB/S reasonable. Or even 5MB/S? In the real world with today's speeds, Premium only buys one a 3% increase in speed over paying nothing. Hardly seems worth it. Now, 100MB/S would make premium appealing. As it is now, Premium is a waste of money.

With premium my typical average speeds are 45-55 mb/s. Sometimes higher. That plus no ads makes it totally worth it.

@OP: We have some info about the download caps here including why they exist: https://help.nexusmods.com/article/96-download-speed-caps-adblockers-and-different-types-of-membership

@steveley: Please see the pinned post about how to report download issues. If you don't provide the required information, we can't really help you.