Race/NPC Invisible Face

There's no need to set this flag. If it still isn't working for you, lets take it step-by-step.

1. Create your topic 01Yes. Fill the "Text Topic" of 01Yes and add some response text.

2. In "conditions" window of 01Yes topic make these two conditions:

GetIsID NPC:(your NPC) == 1.00

GetIsID NPC:Player == 1.00 (check "run on target" flag)

(second condition is just for sure)

Don't do anything else.

3. Back in your GREETING topic select your response and move mouse over "Choices" window.

Right-click and select "Add topic" then select "01Yes". Now the choices window contains 01Yes topic.

So this time it goes like this: After your NPC greets you with "I'm feeling adventurous today, can I join you?" you will be presented with "Yes" choice and after selecting it the dialog will return to normal state without changes.

Notice: always fill some response, without it the dialog will break.

ok, i have found the problem, since i copied the companion script/Quest Variables for the companion to my project it wouldn't load the dialogue like i wanted but removing them worked, i also would like to have certain choices to be removed when a topic is used just for the choices, for e.g.

Follow Me -> when clicked the NPC will follow them and return to menu but after the click this will disappear and these will take its spot

Wait Here -> waits in General Area

Stand Guard -> will not move from spot

i take it quest variables are needed for this so i have to take apart the script that i have and implement what i need/want for the companion, but for the follow/wait is it easy to do or is it going to be too difficult?

Yes, you will need some quest variables as flag - for example comp_follow for "follow" mode, comp_wait for "wait" mode and comp_guard as "guard" mode. This way making the topics diseappear is quite easy - 0 will mean they are inactivated, making them visible. So for "Follow me" topic will be "GetQuestVariable (your_quest).comp_follow == 0.00 as added condition and to result script "set (your_quest).comp_follow to 1, set (your_quest).comp_wait to 0, set (your_quest).comp_guard to 0". Similar for "Wait Here" with comp_wait variable and "Stand Guard" with comp_guard. The result will be that activated mode will not be visible until you select another.

For a maximum stability and minimal conflicts:

Always start your editor ID's with a letter, the other editor ID's are sources of instability and starting your ID's by something else than a letter does not offer any advantage.

For a minimal risk of conflicts create editor ID's you are very unlikely to find in other mods: a mix of your nickname, a short description of the object and the mod's acronym make an excellent combination.

• 2 weeks later...

My game CTD time to time, sometimes frequently, ad Messageloggers last line is always:
Cannot create head for NPC...

Well I checked COBL to see what was missing and it is 3 races really. How could they release COBL with 3 races without including the resources?

As you see, you need to edit COBL Main.esm... Adding the eyes and the tounge

Edited by Pellape

The game is MUCH more stabile now after I corrected COBL. :D

Also disable Salmo the Baker if you use him, as that will prevent some crashes. The AI used in it, can cause crashes.

It stilled crash...

I found a posting at Reddit and a list of mods when I searched on

Cannot create a head for an NPC (-16775102) that does not have a biped-head node. 

. He had 2 mods in common with me and I now unchecked:

• Midas Spells
  • Oblivion Citadel Door Fix

No crash so far. I had 3 quick crashes before I did this change. Crashed 6 times in 2 hours.

Midas do have 3 races added but they do look okay in CSE. I do not plan to use Midas now anyway. I play Stealthy Archer anyway and been doing those quests in Midas 2-3 times now. :D

I thought I had found the issue, I have not. I have used Bash to look through all mods that makes races, all have heads. Took 2 hours...

I still get: Cannot create a head for an NPC (-16775102) that does not have a biped-head node.

I try to reintall the skeleton in case it got over written at some point