[LE] Problem changing biped slot on a mesh

I'm trying to edit an armor that uses slot 32 (and others) to use slot 52. I've removed all shapes from the mesh excepting the bit I want to keep (a band around the left calf). I've also updated the partition on the mesh and the reference on both the Armor and Armor Addon in the esp, but the mesh won't show in game.

What's bizarre (to me at least) is that when trying to diagnose the issue, I set the partition and esp details back to slot 32 to see if the mesh would show at all and it did, albeit without the removed body, as you'd expect.

One thing that looked odd to me is that there's only one bone in the mesh (NPC L Calf) and wondered whether the fact that there's no NPC R Calf bone was causing the issue.

Can anyone suggest what I need to do to fix the issue?

Doesnt happen if you use SkinInstance. Only need to keep as Dismember if you have a specific reason to want that. Skin Instance bypasses a lot of headaches so I'd say convert the mesh after taking a backup to see if it magically solves your issue. Also I suppose make sure weight sliders enabled, assuming you are using _0 and _1

Oh, just open it in nifskope and find the Skinned area under the trishape. Right click over the BSDismemberInstance ---> Convert ---> NiSkinInstance

May not solve it, so keep a backup. Its something I used to do pretty often to sidestep a lot of Skyrim skinning annoyances

Thanks, but it didn't work.

I do find it odd that the mesh works properly when the esp and partitions are set at slot 32, but not when they're set at 52.

For what it's worth, I also eliminated the asymmetrical bones as an issue because I added a RCalf bone to it and it still didn't work.

Perhaps you have another mod that is using or blocking slot 52. Try another slot?

I was thinking about trying another slot for the hell of it, and you know what - it worked!

I've got no idea why as I've got tons of other clothing mods that use slot 52, some even in the same esp, but for whatever reason, that particular armor/mesh seems to like slot 49 instead.