Donation Drive for Ukraine - Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

BigBizkit

BigBizkit

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 6,316 posts
Two weeks ago, we launched a donation drive to raise funds and support the Red Cross in its mission to bring medical aid to the people of Ukraine suffering the consequences of an unprovoked attack on their country. 

We’re very happy to say that the community came out strong in support of Ukraine raising over £6,500 (~$8,474) in direct donations, with some individual donations as high as $100 or even $1,000 - which is just incredible! Thank you so much for your donations.

On top of that, many of you contributed through our mod rewards system and we’re especially proud and grateful for all the mod authors who allocated their mod rewards towards helping the people of Ukraine, adding another £9,950 (~$13,000) to the donation pool.

As promised, we have now donated another £10,000 on top of that to bring the total amount raised for the Red Cross to £26,478 (~$34,580) as of right now. That means we’ve surpassed our fundraising goal of £20,000 by quite a lot - our sincerest thanks go out to all contributors. 

This money is going to the Red Cross in Ukraine to support them in bringing medical aid to those in need. We hope that this will help to alleviate at least some of the pain and suffering caused by the war in Ukraine.

With that said, please note that we’ll keep the donation drive on Just Giving running until the end of the month (31 March), so you still have time to contribute if you want to.

Thank you all so much for coming together as a community and for showing your support for the people of Ukraine in this time of need.

BellCubeDev

BellCubeDev

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 222 posts
Stay safe out there, my Ukrainian friends! I sincerely hope that your efforts and dedication will bring this invasive war to an end.

ondor555

ondor555

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Все будет Украина!!!

TOPMO3AH

TOPMO3AH

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
Thank you very much to everyone who supports Ukraine in this difficult time

MrInsane27

MrInsane27

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 788 posts
Please everyone donate aswell! Even if its as little as 1$ every penny counts towards a good cause!

Chronepsys

Chronepsys

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
We are all with you in this difficult time.
I hope that russian and Ukrainian people will find a way out to live in peace like Deutch and us (French) today.

Believe the Ideal not the Idole.

Enthusiast

• Account closed
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
Every day I deliver food and other necessary things to my brothers from Ukraine.
I'm Polish; the Germans murdered half of my family, then the Russians came and murdered almost the rest.

My (Only) mother survived WW2, and my brother, sister and grandfather survived from my father's side.

I know what war is (This True - not from TV), so I help, because it's my duty.
Poles used to save Jews, now they help Ukrainian people with the same Love for Freedom, Independence and Identity.But the West doesn't understand anything!
1000 years of Poland's existence - that is obligatory!
We will defend ourselves until the Last Drop of Blood - this is the motto.

Some western countries surrendered immediately others after a few days, so,!
How are they supposed to like Ukraine's attitude?

And so I go from store to store and collect gifts for neighbors (from Ukraine)
 and deliver them wherever they are missing!

whispertante

whispertante

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 100 posts
In response to post #106954253. #106954328, #106954338 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

You forgot Afghanistan and any other third world country you didn't mention. Very inconsistent

Trazibol

Trazibol

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
you cannot remain a spectator in front of your screen of events in Ukraine.
The cardinal virtue of humanity is mutual aid
designated by the word charity in religious dialectics

Make that by this modest donation we can offer to women and children in great suffering care and a little human warmth.

I'm glad to see that the Nexus is not ignoring this great pain.

Xilandro

Xilandro

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,169 posts
In response to post #106954898. #106955333 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Trucks with rags are alright, same as trucks with food and medicine. Question is about when. People from all around the world are doing more than Red Cross. We're getting trucks with actual help from Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, daym, even pro-russian Hungary. All thanks to volunteers and regular people. There's also a twist: Red Cross tries to take credit for it, but lo and behold, they just sort it on the border and try to boast they did a thing. Meh.
Médecins Sans Frontières are here though. They're extremely badass and completely fearless.

As for weapons - those are out of the question. It's highers-up stuff, international diplomacy and that kind of shiz. Trust me, $30K Nexus collected isn't even close to be enough to buy a single Javelin ATGM.

I'm talking strictly about aid that isn't offensive nor a weapon at all.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.155 seconds