With 20 full-time staff now working from the Nexus Mods office in Exeter, we're on the lookout for someone who can help us with the day to day running of our office space, looking after all of us and our beloved workplace.
We're naming this role the "Office Manager" role, however, it will involve a range of different tasks that could fit into all sorts of job descriptions, including "Facilities Manager", "Office Supervisor" and even "Head of morale".
It will be your job to ensure the office building itself is in top shape and to coordinate with any maintenance contractors to ensure swift repairs to any part of the building that needs it. You'll also liaise with the rest of the Nexus Mods staff to ensure their needs are met, especially around the much-loved snacks and stocking of the fridge and kitchen cupboards!
You will be given a budget to organise fun activities both in and outside of the office to encourage the Nexus Mods staff to engage with each other outside of work and let off some steam in the process. This can be anything from lunch out, fun gaming afternoons/evenings to meals out and trips to fun places around the city.
Any free time during work hours will allow you to coordinate directly with the community and Vortex management teams. You'll play new and old games and provide feedback on the site and software functionality and how we can improve the support we offer to our users.
We are open to hiring people without any prior office management experience and welcome anyone who has a love for gaming with strong social and organisational skills and the ability to be versatile from day to day. Any training necessary will be provided to you after you start.
- Keeping the office space well-stocked and organised.
- Booking transport and accommodation.
- Organising internal company events (e.g. gaming nights or eating out).
- Ensuring the office building and workspace is maintained to a high standard, and managing any contractors who come in to work on the office premise.
- Ensuring that health and safety policies are up to date and followed.
- Managing online and paper filing systems.
- Developing and implementing new administrative systems and processes for the management of the office.
- Arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices.
- Liaising with staff and suppliers.
- Organising induction programmes for new employees.
- Attending conferences and training.
Requirements and Skills
- This is a full-time office-based position. You need a right to work in the UK and a willingness to relocate to Exeter as soon as possible.
- Strong English communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Experience using spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience and a love for playing video games (especially on the PC).
- Confidence in talking to people over the phone.
- Great organisation skills.
- Highly autonomous.
- A great social demeanour.
The starting salary will be £25,000/pa.
Diversity and Inclusion
We celebrate diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work.
- Supporting an incredible community of tens of millions of users, we thrive on engaging as many views as possible to improve our platform. We see no reason why our culture should be any different.
- We undertake Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging training to be more aware of diverse views and of our own biases to make sure we donít leave anyone feeling unheard or left behind.
- We will provide high spec hardware for you to work from in the office.
- For the right candidates, we may be able to assist with relocation expenses and logistics.
- This is a full-time office-based position from our offices in Exeter, UK.
- We offer flexible working hours.
- 25 days of holiday + bank holidays (extra days at 1/3/5 years service).
- Private Medical Scheme for you and your family with BUPA.
- A monthly video game budget.
- A fully stocked office fridge with drinks and snacks.