Oblivion Modding Links

Zuzaski

The report button is not to be abused. A simple PM to a moderator is way more than sufficient. Using the report button for such menial things just clogs up the time it takes to get through real reports. It is highly suggested to avoid getting yourself into trouble to think of the Report Button as a Nexus 911. Reporting just to request something isn't its intention.

Be well, sleep well, fight well, live long.

~Ranokoa

• 2 months later...

Hey, I just found this pinned article. I had been working towards the same goal. While my list isn't as comprehensive, I think it easier to read. You can find this post at link. It was written more for people new to playing and making mods.

With some formating, you could have the best tutorials page out there. It is just kind of hard to read and find what you are looking for. Feel free to use any tutorials on my post, with proper credit to the authors.

Thanks for this awesome post,

theuseless

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I can't yet comment on the content of the links herein because I have to get something off my chest first.

terms and filetypes:

Cannon - Official backstory

To paraphrase both thefreedictionary.com and tfwiki.net:

Noun 1. cannon - a large artillery gun that is usually on wheels

2. cannon - heavy gun fired from a tank

3. cannon - (Middle Ages) a cylindrical piece of armor plate to protect the arm

4. cannon - heavy automatic gun fired from an airplane

5. cannon - lower part of the leg extending from the hock to the fetlock in hoofed mammals

6. cannon - a shot in billiards in which the cue ball contacts one object ball and then the other

Verb 1. cannon - make a cannon

2. cannon - fire a cannon

Cannons should not be confused with:

* Canon, the story material which is considered to affect the overall continuity.

* Canon, the story material which is considered to affect the overall continuity.

* CANON AND CANNON ARE DIFFERENT FREAKING WORDS, AND IF YOU TELL US ABOUT HOW SOME STORY IS "NOT CANNON" ONE MORE TIME, WE WILL MURDER YOU.

* With a CANNON.

I see this happen so many goddamn times on another forum I frequent that it inspires murderous rage. STOP DOING IT!

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
That is a phenomenal list on the first page. I can't wait to get home and check some of it out. While I'm here though, I'd like to ask if anyone knows of a tool of Oblivion that can extract an ESP into a spreadshet (or csv, etc), and then convert it back. I have some mass edits I have to do, and if I could work them in Excel, it'll take me maybe 20 mins compared with the week or longer I'm looking at going through TES4Edit...

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Texture replacement is a subject that gets complex in a hurry. A wiki site has recently been created to help people with finding and understanding the mods, tools, and files involved in the process, called 'The Elder Scrolls Texture Guide (TESTG)'. It covers not only Oblivion, but also Morrowind and Skyrim. It was setup as a Wiki so the community as a whole can contribute and keep it current. Please read the 'General Information' section first.

-Dubious-

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...