Photo

What's the best way to install Vortex on Linux? I want to play Fallout New Vegas again.

fallout new vegas lutris heroic games launcher vortex fnv vortex mod manager

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

sirname95

sirname95

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 121 posts

Hi. Thank you for any help.

I'm on Linux now. I'm on Zorin OS. I really just want to play and mod this game again. I honestly don't know where to start. Apparently Vortex from Lutris will only work normally through the Steam folders, and I have the GOG version of FNV. I can't help but want to own a DRM-Free copy of FNV.

There's now the Heroic Games Launcher which seems pretty great, but that seems harder to do here. I figured out what I have to do to install FNV through Lutris.

Anyway, does anyone know what the best option would be to install Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition and Vortex on Linux?

If I have to, I guess I'll just go and make a Steam account to pay to play FNV on there, but I wanted to ask the forums first, maybe someone can give me some help here.

Thank you for any help.

1ae0bfb8

1ae0bfb8

Resident

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,952 posts

install windows

tad1959

tad1959

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 26 posts

I have had best luck with crossover but you can check out the 4 main options here 4+ Ways to Run Windows Software on Linux (howtogeek.com)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fallout new vegas, lutris, heroic games launcher, vortex, fnv, vortex mod manager

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.208 seconds