Error: Failed to Initialize Renderer

HaseoSkeith1701

I finally managed to find driver updates for my video card and installed them. Now I'm not getting the Failed to initialize Renderer message anymore. But there's another problem. The game loads and I try to start a new game and for some reason while its on the loading screen it just closes. Just vanishes from the screen. I've tried disabling the mods I put in but its still happening. Any fixes for this problem?

Hi there. I'm having the same problem you had with 'Failure to initialize renderer' for Skyrim. You said you found driver updates, can I ask where as I'm trying to avoid the usual downloading and installing their programmes.

Thanks for any help.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey so if people are still trying to figure this out i had a rather easy fix (i'm an idiot for not figuring this out sooner) just launch the game then go into options then resolution and for some reason

mine was in letterbox mode. Just change it to to full and BOOM works fine now hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

Failed to initialize Renderer usually occurs when there is a screen resolution, Aspect ratio mismatch.

In the Skyrim screen resolution menu in Options, select a aspect ratio first then the screen resolution. If your desired screen resolution isn't show pick another ratio.

The requester is buggy.

Later

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

This issue has a lot of causes, mine was because of security issues, and I think that ENB need permissions for that.

So, if you have an ENB there is a high chance you likely encountered the same issue.

Simply to solve the problem go to C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common , right click on skyrim, and then security.

after that press edit then, give full permissons to all users. that worked for me I hope yours will be solved.