SkyUI favorites menu: how to create groups?

SkittlesAreYum

QUESTION. I might be missing something, but I can't find anyone else that asked this question or I'm not describing it right.

I am trying to use bind different things to the same key but in different groups. This would seem to be the vast benefit of having groups. But for some reason, binding something a key in one group unbinds that key in another. In a normal control menu or a single group, that would make sense as you can't have the same key bound twice, but why can't I bind the same key to different uses in different groups???

UP ! i have exactly the same problem :/

I am trying to use bind different things to the same key but in different groups.

It sounds like you're expecting the normal game hotkeys ( 1-8 ) to bind to different items in each group. That's not what the groups do. Key bindings aren't set per-group. Each group is a collection of things that are accessed with a single key. By default group 1 is bound to the F1 key. So when you press F1 everything in group 1 is equipped.

The groups are about accessing groups of items not individual items. If you want more hotkeys so you can access more than 8 individual items there are mods for that, but it's not part of SkyUI.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Two months later, but I've seen this asked before in many different places.

In order to dual wield one handed weapons, one must have two of the same weapon (duh) and favorite them both on different hotkeys.
Or in a single group using SkyUI's favorite menu. If you have your stabbers in group 2, hit F2 (or whatever key you have set to it) and they'll both be equipped.

As far as spells go, I believe if you have a spell favorited, in order to dual wield it, you hit the favorite key twice? I could be wrong. I'm actually not sure as I've never used magic before in any of my playthroughs.

• 2 years later...