Chaiebel

Hey there,

I've seen a port and re-texture of the Champion armor from DA2 on Alistair while browsing tumblr. I've always really liked how the armor looks, and with the re-texture, it looks even better. I'm not one to wear armor that isn't a Warden type armor though, and was wondering if someone could do a Champion Armor retexture and make the cape (and whatever other trim you see fit) the Warden Blue and maybe throw a Griffon somewhere on it if possible.

Furthermore, if someone more versed in the lore can put a name and story to the armor, I think that would make it ten times cooler. Hell, if you see fit to put a quest in to find it, that would be awesome too! I just really like the rugged look of the Champ armor, but want the Warden colors and have it be lore-friendly. Obviously current Warden armor doesn't look like that, so it'd be nice to have a dated time and reason for why this armor is so spiky and rugged, and having it be ancient seems fitting. Plus, there's just a classic story element with having a character find old things to help on the current quest.

Thanks for reading,

Chaie

Edit:

So I did some research, and I think a suitable name for this armor could be Carinus' Armor. Carinus was the one who brought the warriors together in Weisshaupt. This could've been his armor, which I think would be supremely awesome for the Warden to find somehow, maybe in Soldier's Peak?

A mock description for the armor:

"The ancient armor of Carinus, one of the first Grey Wardens. Before the time of embroidered Griffons, this armor was simply adorned with a torn blue flag, acting as a cape. The deep blue color, found on the flags of Weisshaupt at the time, would become the unifying color of the new order. Darkspawn would come to fear the sight of this armor and the blue color of the Wardens it carried."