[LE] Created armor causing a floating head

Hi :)

So, after a few false starts where I really had no idea what I was supposed to do to make an armor mod for Skyrim, I have now kinda succeeded into adding a set of armor into the game which is fully playable. I previously had an issue where equipping the armor would cause a CTD, but re-weighting the bones in Outfit Studio seemed to fix it.

Anyhow, while the armor looks fine, the textures work etc, there is another problem: my character's head. When the armor is equipped, her neck is invisible so her head floats above the armor. It's location is also slightly wrong, it doesn't float completely central to where the neck should be, it's a little behind.

Is there a way I can make her neck visible and reposition her head?

I find it a little strange that this has happened, because I actually used the mesh of my body mod to make the outfit under the armor itself. My current theory is that it might be caused by the back of the armor - I'm hoping to create a Scout Trooper armor mod, and the back of the armor might mean the neck isn't completely central to the armor overall, but why her neck is also invisible idk.

All insights are welcome, and I'll share a screenshot of the issue ASAP :)

The screenshots, as promised:

h6TaZ0c.png

LsprJ4c.png

r15KKu7.png

I'm thinking of maybe editing the obj, and removing the back of the armor and making it a separate file to function like a backpack, but idk if there's an easier option to make the armor fit (and even if I did, would it remember its location on the body to fit without seams or gaps? Idk).