Multiple PC Mod. Desperately needed imo. Please tell me it's possi

Chaiebel

Hey there,

A while back I was watching Top Five Skyrim Mods of the Week and they showcased a mod that gave you two spells to partially take over any NPC(Make them a Follower), or fully take over any NPC(Make your PC a Follower and the NPC the PC with full inventory). This idea spawned from that mod, but I can't find it for the life of me. So, I'm here to try and find that mod's creator, or, to find someone who can do a similar thing with a twist.

The Multiple PC mod would be a mod that allows you to have more than one character. Whenever I played Skyrim, I thought it to be pretty silly that the Dragonborn could do EVERYTHING in the story, even when groups like the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood don't get along. So the idea to have more than one character came to mind when thinking how to do everything in game, but with more than one character. When I saw the spell mod I mentioned above, it occurred to me that if you can create any NPC for a mod, ect ect, and then take it over with that spell mod, you'd essentially have a newly created NPC.

With a bit of refinement, I'm sure that this could become an easy and accessible mod for many people that will allow them to explore the whole of Skyrim, it's DLCs, and the expansive Mods people have created, while staying lore-friendly and realistic to boot. Now, I've never mad a mod, and I don't know the in's and out's, but from what I've seen, this should be possible, given a bit of elbow grease.

Some main points that would need to be figured out are:

• Shouts for the DB only
  • Bounties in Holds for different PCs
  • Different inventories
  • Different leveling screens (perhaps it would be best to create a character with skills already set)
  • A NPC/PC creation screen for ease
  • Dialogue triggers. If a newly created bandit pc visited the Greybeards, they shouldn't consider him the DB
  • Quest restrictions. A Thieves Guild Member shouldn't be able to go and try to pick up a Brotherhood quest. A character already playing the Civil War quests should be the only to do so, ect ect.

So, that's my idea and the problems I've seen with it so far. I think if an experienced modder actually took time to try and develop this, it could be one of the biggest mods to date, and would allow the creativity that so many players have to thrive and extend into multiple characters.

Please help me make this happen, and thank you for reading,

Chaie

I have done that, but wouldn't it be much cooler to have all of those characters changing and defining the same world? Those amazing NPC's that can rival the Dragonborn in story, those characters you remember, now wouldn't it be awesome to have them existing in the same world, and maybe even interacting? There's a bunch of major factions that hold power of Skyrim, each that you can lead, and wouldn't it be better to have a character tailored to lead that faction, rather than being the Dragonborn first, and the leader of the group second?

I have a mod that allows you to become a new character. It might be alternate actors, but it also might be a different one. You have the option of becoming that character. You could theoretically pick some random npcs, take over their life, do a questline and then pick a new npc to control. The only problem, however, is finding the old npc. He might wander off into the vast expanses of skyrim and never be seen again.

Ah, you just reminded me of another point that needs to be covered! Waiting places for PCs not in use. I figured the new PCs would stay in houses they own or the Inns of towns you designate.

As for the mod you're talking about, it sounds like the spell mod I was talking about. What I hope to help someone create is a refined system for creating and playing new PCs. Instead of having a player rummage through code and all that to create new NPC/PCs, it could all be in a list format.

I'm almost sure this is possible with the right modders.

The game engine is not designed to allow more than one player character. I have seen attempts to do this by very good professional programmers - (on Oblivion which uses the same engine) the best I have seen is a completely dead world, the two can both be seen, but cannot interact, and cannot use weapons or even wear clothes - the world is a flat colorless plain with no vegetation. After about two years the makers finally gave up.

One major problem, most of the assets ( things like possessor, GPU and RAM ) are used just to make ONE player character work, move smoothly and look halfway decent on a computer that you can afford. Then, the stuff needed to have a second character are just not available in the existing engine - so, before even starting you would have to remake the engine to have the capabilities that do not exist in the current engine.

The current engine is a heavily modified and patched version of the 15 year old Netimmerse (now Gambrio) 32 bit engine optimized for consoles.

Maybe if Beth ever switches over to a newer engine that has true 64 bit capability, multi processor, multi GPU and multi monitor capability.