Ukrainian War: Prelude to Worse?

Fkemman11

Essentially, it says something we already knew... Putin is a dictator in everything but name. He is technically elected, but, the way the system works, he was assured of winning even before the first vote was cast.

Though I wonder, are the various ministers and such, now claiming they "did not expect him to invade", saying things of that nature, in order to cover their keesters when Putin eventually is taken out of power? (which is something I see happening.... one way, or another.) After all, these guys are first and foremost, politicians..... The whole "CYA" thing is second nature to them.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This interview is quite well done. Ms Ioffe has her facts well marshaled, and her presentation nicely done (in spite of her battle with her hair and her glancing at her watch).

The fact that she echoes some of my earlier statements not withstanding, her concerns about Putin and his thinking processes are chilling, to say the least.

Once again we are focusing on the wrong problem.

We are quick enough to judge everyone else instead of fixing our own issues.

Sure we can just call Putin or everyone a Bad Guy and that we are the Good Guys and continue the same thing we always did.

This is exactly what will lead to more War and destruction.

If we hadn't interfered in Ukraine causing a replacement of the regime in 2014 Putin would have never used it as an excuse in the first place.

All this could have been solved with Democracy a simple Referendum.

Let those who want to declare independence and maybe join the Federation do so peacefully and let the rest be what they want.

Instead we supported an Illegal Regime continously commiting Ethnic Cleansings by using their Neo Nazi Terrorists as a weapon and attack the Independent populations who according to Global Treaties and Human Rights are considered Russian Minorities.

Eventually they asked to be recognized by Russia and join their Federation.

We made them our enemies like we always do in order to have an excuse and Expand.

So Putin used that as an excuse for his own plans to Expand and an entire country now pays the blood price.

The source of the problem is not only Putin but also our own Global Expansionism.

We made the Middle East our Enemy. We made Vietnam and China our Enemy.

We made Libya and African Nations our Enemy and now we made Russia our Enemy.

I am personally done with NATO with the EU with WEF with the UN with everything.

I believe in Autonomy of every Nation and the policy of minding our own business global balance of powers peace and freedom.

Screw all the Regimes and all establishments. We just want to live our lives.

In case of an escalation i as a Reservist of a Ranger Brigade i will be forced to deploy. I am cannon fodder and i know this.

I am questioning myself. Why? What for? For who? Its another thing to defend your homeland and another thing to die for the expansion of a system i don't even want and only makes my life difficult for whatever reason.

I know the penalty of desertion in times of War. Court Martialed and sentenced to Death. Well i don't care. I'll just dissapear because this is BS

Edited by Guest

I am personally done with NATO with the EU with WEF with the UN with everything.

I believe in Autonomy of every Nation and the policy of minding our own business global balance of powers peace and freedom.

So if societal networks were all of a sudden severed basically restarting the default of people minding their own business.

How would you keep people from meeting ,talking and coming to agreements once again to form interconnections ?

I guess you would have to become a global dictator making sure everybody minded their own business according to your specifications of what that meant ?

You can't devolve society and expect it to work out ... even on the level it used to with a less evolved network.

The only way to make it better is with more societal agreement ... not less.

Which constitutional rights only have power through ACTIVE societal agreement .

Walking away from participating in that , leaves your rights only granted by the good graces of the people still engaged in doing that.

Which it doesn't take a genius to figure out what makes good graces evaporate.

Sure we can just call Putin or everyone a Bad Guy and that we are the Good Guys and continue the same thing we always did.

If we hadn't interfered in Ukraine causing a replacement of the regime in 2014 Putin would have never used it as an excuse in the first place.

Let those who want to declare independence and maybe join the Federation do so peacefully and let the rest be what they want.

Instead we supported an Illegal Regime continously commiting Ethnic Cleansings by using their Neo Nazi Terrorists as a weapon and attack the Independent populations who according to Global Treaties and Human Rights are considered Russian Minorities.

We made them our enemies like we always do in order to have an excuse and Expand.

So Putin used that as an excuse for his own plans to Expand and an entire country now pays the blood price.

The source of the problem is not only Putin but also our own Global Expansionism.

In case of an escalation i as a Reservist of a Ranger Brigade i will be forced to deploy. I am cannon fodder and i know this.

I am questioning myself. Why? What for? For who? Its another thing to defend your homeland and another thing to die for the expansion of a system i don't even want and only makes my life difficult for whatever reason.

I know the penalty of desertion in times of War. Court Martialed and sentenced to Death. Well i don't care. I'll just dissapear because this is BS

and while you writing that your done with the whole world - probably except russia, syria and belarus while people are slaughtered and bombed in ukraine ? i don't understand your attitude and the motivation of your post. watch the interview and you may learn at least something about the background of the whole story. this lady may have a hair problem but she has also an exceptional way to explain the problem with putin. crimes to civilians in ukraine seem even worse compared to ww2. why this slaughter ?

Had Putin minded his own business, and not invaded a sovereign country, we wouldn't be in this position either.

Putin started this war based on lies, and false assumptions. Of course, all of that was fed by his advisors, that are too scared to tell him the truth. This is what you get for surrounding yourself with 'yes men', whom are more corrupt than the government they are condemning. They have skimmed so much money from military contracts, etc, that the direct result of that, is a military that looks good on paper, but, in reality, are incapable of doing the job they have been asked to perform.

Let them all Kill each other.

Maybe then the World will be a better place.

let us be more precise and more honest here:

what you say is: let them slaughter each other with wrong arguments and nazi like propaganda mainly from the russian side with stupid and unethical arguments and also kill the civilians and destroy all their homes in the name of mr putin and his wet fantasies.

this is not russians war of liberation as putin tries to make whoever believe with his propaganda over his censored media - this is a dirty and nazi like ethnic cleansing of a nation which lived in peace before - except with russia - due to the annexation of the Crimea, contrary to international law.

the world is witness of that russian aggression. just putin and some russians still argue in favour of his still ongoing totally needless russian military aggression. if putin likes to play war he should better kill himself instead of being aggressive against other mostly peaceful humans. but that seems not to be what power-thirsty despots or weird autocrats with a loyal power apparatus like to do.

the cynical outcome of this war is that far too many people, mostly civilians, will die for nothing and a man with a reckless criminal attitude like putin will still be alive, his relatives and financial dependent and supported friends will still live in the "hated" unfriendly western countries like nothing has happened. it seems the russian political system and the cleansing by his orders that took place over the years in russia allows this corrupt perverted lifestyle.

and to be honest - also due to foreign politicians who underestimated and supported or at least tolerated putins criminal energy for too long!

Yeah, Russia is doing some truly egregious stuff in Ukraine. And what is everyone else doing about it? Sanctions. In case no one noticed, sanctions have never really deterred anyone, or changed their behavior in a significant way. That took Military intervention. The politicians can flap their jaws, and apply whatever sanctions they want, and mumble things like 'give it time to work'..... all the while, Russia is blowing up hospitals, forcibly re-locating Ukrainian citizens into Russia, and generally doing a very fine imitation of Nazi Germany back in the late 30's. They ran with sanctions and appeasement back then too, and look where that got us.

Do I WANT another world war? Oh hell no. Do I think it's gonna happen anyway? Quite likely........ Putin will push one of the wrong buttons, and the whole thing will blow up.